You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently left a property, and am still awaiting my bond ect back. I handed my keys in a couple of weeks ago, and the tenancy is still running and paid upto till August 1st ( I handed months notice in etc as per correct guidelines)

Its come to my notice that someone has already moved into the property, Basically Am I entitld to a refund if I have paid till the end of the month?:idea:

Thanks!

You could try writing to the landlord and point out that you have been informed that he has relet the property whilst your tenancy is still in place and since it is against the law to take rent from overlapping tenants, request a refund of (x) week's rent overpaid. The fact you handed back the keys will not help you.

If he does not come up with the cash, you need to think about whether it is worth chasing though.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Hmmm .. He was mithering me to hand the keys in I can see why now. I didnt think anything of it at the time ( as I had moved out 2 weeks previous to my new property, and was cleaning the house in the mean time...) He asked me twice if I had completed it and to post the keys through the letterbox when I had finished..

Worth a stamp to give it a try though. Make it sound really formal!!

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

thanks for the advice. I think I will give the agents a call first perhaps find out the date they signed? :idea: