Tax Credits fiasco!!

sara7319
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all..

anyone else having problems with the dim views of the tax credit juniors ???

I am soooo mad right now...

Back in May, me and my partner decided to live together (him in the armed forces me had a small chalet.) we found a place and being an honest person, phoned up the TC and reported the change... started a whole ball of poo rolling...

Firstly i had to cancel my current single parent claim and open a new one.. simple .. hmmm.. all went well..

I sent off the paperwork with ALL of the details on... in the first week in June after waiting for the formss...

didnt hear nothing for 2 weeks until i received a letter stating they had not received my forms back... hmmm..

I rang up and said i had sent them 2 weeks ago have they got them.. young man ummed and ahhhed a bit and then got all confused with my now canceled single claim.. got me all confused.. in the end found what he was looking for a said they were now waiting for our incomes ... so confused me .. told him they were writtenon the form.. he said "they are not on my screen/system... they must not have scanned in .. we cannot proceed without them..

so i found our P60's again and rang the figures in .. not once was i told we were not entitled to any child tax or working tax credit .. our incomes combined come to around 27,000 my partner works 48 hours, and i work 20.. we have 1 child..

anyway.. 2 days later we receive in our bank no less then appox £1000 ish, combined working tax and child tax. we though this was a backdated payment as the original lady i spoke to said would happen...

3 or 4 days later we received a wodge of confusing paperwork with our award on which should have gone in on the 22 july .. it didnt so i rang up to enquire..

apparently they had sent our award out in one single payment, and on the basis of 0.00 incomes as they didnt have our incomes.. and in fact we are not entitled to ANY tax credits at all.. !!!!!!

???? yep confused.. yep somewhat.. unfortunatly i didnt photocopy the original forms .. i wish i had now.. as all the info was their i checked it 3 times.. plus we were not told in any shape or form that we were not entitled to anything.. no letters not info no phone call no nothing..

In fact my partner has just phoned this evening whilst i was at work to find out as he is all confused by this .. and apparently we now have to owe them half the money back .. !!!!

Surely this is a mistake on their part, their staff dont know their *** from their elbow.. and now we have to pay the price for their mistakes ..

is it wise to appeal, when all we get is " ah well, thats how it works am afraid, its your responsibility to report an overpayment !!") i mean how do we bloody know.. !!!

Sorry if this is soooo long,,, but i am right on me soapbox now.. and now we are going to be out of pocket again because of goverment f ups.. !!! they need an overhaul of some kind.. there are too many families in this position, it feels like a goverment con.. they give you TC one year and then take it away the next year .. what is all that about..

sorry but i am really miffed..

a very angry and confused Sara :-?

you should be entitled to the at least the basic child tax credit award of £547.50, you need to dispute the over payment, nothing to lose.

i think thats why they are asking for half of it back. just miffs me that they award it then say your not entitled. What a strange way of working. They had all the figures and released the payment after i had re-given over the phone, so they cant have made payment based on 0.00 earnings.

They love to confuse.. I will be disputing anyway due to the mis information we were handed.

Oh and is that £547 per month ???

when i was a single parent i was awarded working tax and child tax credit on the basis of around £407 a month, which wasnt paid in one lump sum for the year was paid 4 weekly ???

now they are saying it is paid in one single payment for the year

Edited by sara7319
more info

It's £548 and it's per year. It's known as the family element.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)