***has Anyone Been Paid Today????***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cheers d5............... ive only had a letter saying they intend defending,was offered partial settlement but declined both offer,s(1st-£205 2rd-£735)my account is now closed with halifax so that will be holding things up but i still think that they are dragging there feet as other people have had theres settled in 3-5days and its been 18days since they acknowledged my mc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again big S,

I am awaiting on another Halifax account which is closed, they acknowledged the claim on the 4th August, but I have not heard anything. I asked for the money to be paid by cheque. I know they have my joint account details though.

Has anyone else been in this position, do they pay by cheque in the post?

Look forward to any replies.

Best regards

P.S have you phoned them regarding the claim?

hi d5...... ive only has a letter saying that they are defending. my claim was deemed served on the 24th july and acknowleged on the 26th. they will have to pay me by cheque as my halifax account is closed.ive emailed my schedule of charges to a lady called rachel last week at halifax litagation department and she replied saying her collegue is dealing with my claim. should i ring them up again and ask whats happening?

Probably not ......part timers lol

first direct paid my money in at 11.46 pm so they are working on it round the clock,

It seems halifax are doing them quicker but there is still no pattern, others that were acknowledge yesterday have been paid mine was friday and still heard nowt, i hope it is quickly but understand i could still be not paid in 3 weeks time.

does anyone have a fax number for the legal team that deals with the claim?

If anyone has been paid today can you list it here again as everyone did yesterday

that way everyone who is waiting still can see them all in one thread :-)

They have settled on my second account (letter recieved today) but they were going to pay this into the closed account. I phoned up this morning and they stated that the money would of been paid into that account and would of been in suspense as the account is closed. I gave them my active account number and they said it would be paid into that and that they would send me a letter to confirm this.

No money in the account yet though.

Best regards

I'm getting close to it

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

hi .. ive just came of the phone with a helpful lady fron halifax L/D.she says her collegue is checking my schedule of charges to see if they match their records and if everythings match,s up they wil be paying me.i mentioned that a "was a member of site and that it seems that a lot of paying are getting paid out who have put in their mc after me " she replied "i wil get my collegue to speed things up for you and get her to ring you asap" so should get a phone call l8r today......ill keep u posted

hiya

did you rec a letter before you rang them or did you just call them anyway - i called them an hour ago to see if they needed me to fax over a schedule - she said no as they had all the details on the system - she gave no indication as to what would happen next etc dont know what to do _ i kknow i should be patient but im the most impatient person in the world - my sons b-day is friday also so this money so would be great if i could have it by then

hi..... no i emailed them my schedule last week and said i was checking that they recieved them correctly....... then i mentioned this site and asked her what was holding my case up as everyone else,s is getting sorted within 10 days .she said she,d have a word.................get her collegue to ring me.........

I have just been paid lol :D I can't believe it, don't think you do believe it til it actually happens, wow!

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

I know lol. Maybe its the fact my surname at start of alphabet lol.

Have just cancelled my VISA debit card in case any b*ggers try to take money from it, and ordered a new cheque book which they refused to send me whilst I was overdrawn so I could use my cheque guarantee card very naughtily (well you can hardly blame me as Halifax were the only reason I WAS overdrawn in the first place hehe). Am just about to check my account again to make sure they haven't nicked it back LOL

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

Good Job Gemmabe

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Gem - just wondering what day you actually filed your moneyclaim? mine surname also starts with a b then L so dont know if that therory works lol

Going mad thou - keep checking my account - the more i check the worse i feel. im expecting about 4300 so dont know if they pay out smaller ones first either - heres hopeing for tommorow anyway :-)

Hello again,

If I was you, I would phone the Halifax up (this is what I did) give them your reference number (should be on any letter from the Halifax Customer relations team, its not your account number) ask when the money is going to be credited, then state that you need to advise the Court to stop proceedings, as they (the Halifax) have done so, and you need to see the money credited to do this.

Its worth a try, don't sound desperate on the phone, just calm and calculated, as if you do this everyday. I did not mention the words refunds or cash etc, just stated that I am expecting a credit/funds to be deposited in my account (I did not mention the amount, the gent I spoke to today and yesterday [Nigel] stated that the amount is broken down and can be credited as 3 funds, i.e the refund of charges, the interest asked for and the Court fee)

So give it a go tomorrow, or it might be credited overnight, who knows.

Try this number for Customer Relations: 01422 333880

and see how you get on.

Best regards:)