Anglian Water ignoreing request for boundary stopcock location.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Since I bought my house about 4-5 weeks ago I have had a problem with low water pressure, everyone else around me is fine and has good pressure. It appears that the problem is the stopcock in the house, it's blocked/seized as the house was a repo and left empty for over a year.

We have discovered that there are actually 2 stopcocks in the same location, the original one fitted to the incoming lead pipe (which is seized open by the look of it) and a replacement stop cock that was fitted just upstream of that.

I have been unable to locate the boundary stopcock, can't find it listed on the deeds and Anglian water have ignored my requests for information.

As it stands, the house is not habitable with no water... it's barely a trickle, the toilet takes an hour to refill the small cistern, if you turn on a tap upstairs and one down stairs... the upstairs one stops running altogether.

We cannot refill the central heating system, cannot turn on the boiler as there is not enough water pressure. So we have no hot water either.

All we need to do is locate the frickin boundary stopcock so I can get a plumber in to replace the stopcock, but Anglian Water are making that impossible because they won't give me the information they have on it's location... and I've searched and searched and searched for it.

should be marked on your deeds plan of the property.

have you not got that?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could always report a leak..they'd have to come out and investigate and it may also be possible that your local fire service may have a record of where your stopcock is (in the event that they need access to it/water.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

how about a call to the council planning dept?

they have all services marked on their street plans.

might be lucky and get a helpful person who could look for you.

another way might be a bit of guess work.

if you know where it comes in to the house as above

typically they would have done it in a straight line to your nearest boundary or street

took me 3mts to find mine from 1959 build.

found it in the raised front garden, 2 foot down. paving slab on top , earth filled over top!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I tried the local housing association that manage the councils houses in the close but they couldn't help.

Called AW again this morning and gave them a bit of a rocket... they were supposed to send some one out within 5 days (Logged on the 12th) and they hadn't done anything at all about it... Escalated the call and have a letter to the complaint dept sat here waiting to be sent.

Will try the council planning dept tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere with them.

Update

Finally had some one out this morning, they couldn't find the boundary stopcock either. They did say that it was a rail that went to all of the houses in the terrace or even the street and that as they couldn't find it, they are going to dig up, find the main and fit a stop cock to my house... and make good the hole at no cost to me.

He's left some details and I just need to call them to make some arrangements... But looks like there's going to be a big hole in the concrete underneath my kitchen window at some point, which is where the internal stopcock is.