You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

keepingitsimple

Egg Loans - annual statement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3976 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Apologies if I have hijacked the wrong forum here, but looking for some advice. I have been repaying an egg loan since 2001 (now through a dmp), got a statement the other day which indicates Opening balance £0.00; list of transactions (all my monthly payments) and closing balance -£652.

Is it too cheeky to ask if I can hold them to this statement and a) inform them I have assumed the loan is clear and b) a negative balance would indicate they owe me money??

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Apologies if I have hijacked the wrong forum here, but looking for some advice. I have been repaying an egg loan since 2001 (now through a dmp), got a statement the other day which indicates Opening balance £0.00; list of transactions (all my monthly payments) and closing balance -£652.

Is it too cheeky to ask if I can hold them to this statement and a) inform them I have assumed the loan is clear and b) a negative balance would indicate they owe me money??

You obtained a statement on your original account. Chances are that when you started defaulting your account balance was transferred to a bad debts ledger with a different account number in an Egg nternal admin move without affecting your legal liability. Meanwhile your DMP continued to pay in quoting your old account number, hence the GBP 652 payments credit on your old account waiting for Egg to do a housekeeping transfer. It is most unlikely your debt was written off without a wimper.

You could try a merry-go-round of letters if you wish.