CP Plus Parking Ticket - Stobhill Hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a parking ticket from CP Plus who monitor the car parks in Stobhill Hospital on 09/06/2009.

I had been to 2 previous car parks on the hospitals site that were full & managed to find a space in the 3rd where I parked (making me late for my appointment).

I was entitled to park there up to 4 hours free (I was less than an hour) & returned to find a ticked for £40 (reduced to £20 if paid within 14 days).

I was in a box with no hatched lines & not obstructing anyone so I wrote to CP Plus by recorded delivery on 22/06/2009 but didn't recieve a response. I didn't include my name or address but sent a copy of the ticket with the reference number to make it more difficult for them.

I then recieved a letter from Trethowans Solicitors dated 22/07/2009 threatening court action if I don't pay the £40 fine within 14 days for "not adhering to parking regulations as detailed on the notice boards".

I e-mailed Trethowans on 24/07/2009 as follows:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated 22 July 2009 Reference:

I refer to previous correspondence sent by recorded delivery to CP Plus Ltd dated 09 June 2009 as detailed below.

You appear to claim that I entered into a binding contract with CP Plus Ltd. Please provide evidence that their purported contractual terms were communicated to me in a way that I read, understood and accepted them prior to leaving my vehicle.

Even if I did - which I deny - it is my claim that the charge you allege I have to pay you is unenforceable at law being an unlawful penalty charge.

Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim.

I will welcome the opportunity to defend your allegation in court and am confident of success. Of course you will be required to produce the evidence that I have requested and you have failed to provide. You will also have to answer to the court why you failed to do so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CP Plus Ltd

Po Box 14836

London

NW3 1WT

Dear Sirs,

Re: Ticket dated 09/06/2009 Reference:

Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have yet to recieve acknowledgement of my e-mail (I sent another one today - 27/06/2009, asking for acknowledgement).

I'm thinking I should have left out the part about them failing to provide evidence as it was CP Plus that I asked to provide evidence in my original letter but it's too late now as i've sent the e-mail & can't take it back.

Would they really take me to court considering they have suffered no financial loss as I wasn't due them any money in the first place?

I took photos of the bay I was parked in but as yet haven't made them aware of this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by beth_enemy

Don't write.

Don't phone.

Don't email.

IGNORE.

Don't respond to them in any way.

The only thing that you do need to respond to is a court summons which bears a genuine court seal.

The chances of them taking you to court are as likely as you winning the Euromillions jackpot, this week.

You will probably find that "Trethowans, Solicitors" is a monkey on the next desk.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

totally ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As above- do not contact or enter into any further correspondence. Also, theres no point in appealing this ethier. It doesnt matter if your reasons are perfectly valid and you have sufficient evidence-this is a typical PPC [problem]. You appeal will be automatically rejected. CP Plus still run a few hospitals in Wales and are well known for this.

One of the main reasons hospital car parking charges were abolished (unless under long term contracts) were for the same reasons as to why you are posting. The same happens in other hospitals in England-particularly with APCOA. Perhaps one day Mr Gordon Brown will see sense...:rolleyes: Now that you are at the Trethowans stage you are almost at the end of the line. You may get a few more letters but continue to ignore and they'll go away :)

Thanks for all the replies. I should have ignored the ticket/letter in the first place but i'm a bit of a worrier so didn't want to just leave it.

Knowing my luck i'll be the one they want to make an example of & take me to court. I'm prety confident i'd win tho :razz:

Thanks for all the replies. I should have ignored the ticket/letter in the first place but i'm a bit of a worrier so didn't want to just leave it.

:razz:

Thats what they depend on to get their victims to cough up. Don't feel bad about, you know better now.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely!;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....