You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Midlands Mum

DCA - threatening court action

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter from DCA in June chasing an apparent overpayment in my final wages from my ex employer last April . After numerous requests i still await final payslips from Feb, March and my p45 and p60. I believe i may well have been overpaid but dispute the amount with my employer who is ignoring me , and after nearly a year has passed this onto a DCA.

In June i wrote to the DCA using letter from templates on CAG , putting the onuss on them to prove the debt. A month later my reply just states that i was overpaid X amount at the end of April and that my employer wrote to me twice and has had no response.

Firstly my ex employer did not write twice, in fact waited 3 months before writing and i contacted payroll by letter and email asking for proof and outstanding paperwork.

The DCA now say they will pass this onto their solicitors for further action.

Without outstanding payslips etc , how do i know i owe this full amount? If i do owe it all as a student i am unable to pay in one lump sum anyway.

Where do i go from here , as am worried i am going to get further costs and or have to go to court. If i owe them money, i am happy to pay in installments but surely i am entitled to be 100% sure that i owe it all and that its not outstanding holiday pay?

Please advise

Thanks ;0(

Who is the DCA?

Whoever it is wont take you anywhere near a court & will just rely on threats.

Their "solicitor" will just be another desk in the DCA threat centre.

you're right - they have to prove the overpayment exisits first - not just tell you it does

Have you been in touch with the DWP and your local tax office explaining that your ex employer is refusing to provide you with a statement of earnings, P45 & P60?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks All, i thought it was all hot air, but the letter scared me a bit. Yes it is definately another desk in the same office am sure.... the company is well known for this!

No i never did contact DWP or the tax office, but i will tomorrow, as it has gone on long enough.

Thanks again to all of you.....do i completely ignore this letter then?

Yes ignore them for now & see what HMCR & the DWP say.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT