Cabot won't accept F&F

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Have been paying Cabot 18 pounds per month on Abbey o/d. Balance now about 275 pounds.

Sent the F&F offer of 100 pounds, bearing in mind they've already had nearly 100 off me.

They won't take any less than 175. My daughter has left home recently and I am considerable worse off. I said I will have to reduce my monthly payments to 5 pounds. They will only accept 10.

I told them they will have to take me to court then because I can't afford any more.

As its an overdraft I can't CCA them so what can I do?

you could send abbey a sar to reclaim back any charges on the account.

if you need to reduce the monthly payment , then do it whether they accept it or not. you can only pay what you can afford. if you have already told them this then just make the altertnative payment

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

They will bloody accept whatever you offer. Do these idiots have any legal rights to be collecting money from you anyway.

I'm with Ida, get the SAR sent to Abbey and reclaim all those charges they have put on the account.

Then tell cabot to sod off.

Jogs

Didn't have any charges on the account. I was within my o/d limit when I defaulted and went to CAB so charges not added.

I have cancelled my 18 per month DD to Cabot but cant find their details to set up 5 per month. Want to set up standing order instead as someone on here said that they can change DD amounts.

Can the bank set up a s/o without me getting in touch with Cabot as they already know who the are from the cancelled DD?

If I don't set up anything at all what will happen? Don't really want to phone Cabot in case they start hassling me again.

Don't be intimidated by cabot. If £5 is all you can afford then that is all you pay. Have you done an income and expenditure sheet or contacted someone like the cccs? Creditors do seem to respond better if you have gone through the appropriate channels.

Would suggest adapting template letter d here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

How about sending a regular cheque to:

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

PO Box 241,

West Malling,

Kent,

ME19 4NA

or phoning and asking for payment slips so you can pay at the post office:

0845 0700116

or it looks like you can pay online here:

https://secure.cabotfinancial.co.uk/site/sections/Identity/signup.asp

you could ask the bank if they still have the account number and sort code the dd was paid too

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Mr Ton, what will they do if I don't pay? The reason I wanted to do a F&F was to clear a default off my credit reference. I wasn't going to pay the 100 till they agreed in writing to do that.

If I don't pay anything do you think they will get back in touch and take the 100? I'm not giving them any more than that.

If they don't what will happen if I don't pay anything? Surely it's not worth their while taking me to court for 270 pounds?

Credit files are not actually worth the paper they are printed on.

It will always be down to the company in question as to weather you get credit or not.

Its yet another industry myth built up over so many years that CRA files have relevance...

do you have someone close to you with a cheque book?

If so give them the £100 and ask them to write a cheque to Cabot for the £100 quoting your account number with them and saying the cheque if accepted and cashed is in acknowledgement that the account will be closed and default removed from your credit file.

If it comes from a 3rd party and they cash it they are bound by those terms.

If they don't and send it back - you've lost nothing and go back to paying them the £5 a month.

I bet they cash it!

Mr Ton, what will they do if I don't pay? The reason I wanted to do a F&F was to clear a default off my credit reference. I wasn't going to pay the 100 till they agreed in writing to do that.

If I don't pay anything do you think they will get back in touch and take the 100? I'm not giving them any more than that.

If they don't what will happen if I don't pay anything? Surely it's not worth their while taking me to court for 270 pounds?

that is the risk you take if you do not pay.

whilst we all know mr.ton detests anyone paying a dca ( who does'nt) but when people are due money and do not want to go to court and want to pay it to clear it up it then obviously you need to make an arrangment to pay.

It's up to you

ida x

whilst we all know mr.ton detests anyone paying a dca ( who does'nt) but when people are due money and do not want to go to court and want to pay it to clear it up it then obviously you need to make an arrangment to pay.

If the DCA does not obtain payments via the correct legal route then they should be told to bog off effectivley.

DCA's lie,cheat & bully no matter what you pay them - thats why i advocate letting a county court sort everything out.

That way there can be none of that then.