Moving to another EU country whilst claiming sickness bennefit.

Mind
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I desperatly want to leave the UK.

My life here (30 years) has been an utter dissaster, I was raised in the poorest districts of south London with no prospects or education in a broken home,

I've spent 10 years unemployed, 5 years homeless, I've been attacked on several occasions, attempted suicide, suffered severe mental breakdowns, herrasment,

drug addiction and my fammily have rejected me, I gave this country my best shot, everything I could but whatever I do I

can't get anywhere, it's too much of a struggle, I'm litaraly hanging on by the skin of my teath, I feel like this country has ruined my life.

I want to look after what little sannity I have left by getting out of the UK and moving to somewhere I can live

a respectable life, this seems impossible to do however as I am on sickness bennefits and am unable to work.

Can I transfer my bennefits to another EU country? The Netherlands for example? I am in recipt of IS, DLA and Incapacity Bennefit.

Thankyou, I appreciate it.

I know this is a difficult subject and it may be some time before someone is able to reply, I

have been digging but the documentation I've found so far doesn't make much sense to me.

The European Court of Justice (ECJ) has decided that DLA care component is considered to be a sickness benefit and may be paid to a person who leaves the UK to live in another EEA state or Switzerland or is already living in another EEA state or Switzerland (endnote 21). The decision does not apply to the mobility component of DLA. It is possible, in some circumstances, for a claimant to continue to receive the care component of DLA when s/he moves to live in another EEA state or Switzerland or to make a new or repeat claim for DLA care component if already living in another EEA state or Switzerland.

Incapacity Benefit

Payment of incapacity benefit abroad and payment in the UK of the equivalent benefit from other states is dealt with by:-

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) (England, Wales and Scotland)

International Pension Centre

Tyneview Park

Benton

Newcastle Upon Tyne

NE98 1BA

Tel: 0191 218 7777 (Mon-Fri 8.00am-8.00pm)

Textphone: 0191 218 7280

Fax: 0191 218 7021 (Mon-Fri 8.00am-8.00pm)

Income Support

A claimant will retain entitlement to income support for up to four weeks of an absence abroad provided that s/he still meets the usual conditions of entitlement and intends to return within a year,

Thanks for all the pointers, it sounds like the majority of the bennefits I receive now would have to be provided by the country I move too.

I have a feeling this is going to be very difficult and I probably wont get as much as I do currently.