What options do I have?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am looking for advise on one of my many problems. I am currently in huge debt (around £6-8000) mainly because I was forced by abusive mother to take out debt in my name. My credit rating is so bad that I cannot even open a current account (I have a 'step account' with Natwest) and I cannot get a mobile phone on a contract. I am thinking of going down the route of Debt Relief Order, which costs about £90. Most of this debt was taken out 4/5 + years ago. If this is the case, is DRO the best route to go down? Also, is there any help out there with the £90 cost for those on benefit?

The fee for a DRO is £90. There is no reduction if you are on benefits or a low income. You are allowed to pay in instalments. If you cannot pay the fee, you might be able to apply to a charity for help. Phone us for advice.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 37 Debt Relief Orders

give them a call and see if they can help

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thank you for your response. I have applied for my credit report from all three agencies (Experian, Equifax and CallCredit) I think they are the only CRA's in the UK. I ordered them mainly to help me itemize exactly who to and how much debt I owe, before I apply for a DRO. I called another financial help organization that can help you with DRO's and they were very judgemental of me, because I had debt and spoke to me in a disrespectful manner. This is one thing that is stopping me from dealing with my debts. I hope these people you are referring to are not like that. :(

The fee for a DRO is £90. There is no reduction if you are on benefits or a low income. You are allowed to pay in instalments. If you cannot pay the fee, you might be able to apply to a charity for help. Phone us for advice.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 37 Debt Relief Orders

give them a call and see if they can help

ida x

nation debline is independant organisation that will give you help and guidance and have been very helpful to many many caggers

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)