Ruthbridge Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening everyone..

I apologise in advance as im sure there will be numerous threads regarding this company, but everyones cicrumstances are different..

i will try to keep this brief and as much help as possible would be greatly appreciated.

I had a credit card with Monument about 5 years ago.. The debt was passed to Cabot financial and now on to Ruthbridge.. Had all the threatening calls and letter from them saying i need to pay with in 18 days in full or else..

I wrote to them advising i could not pay them in full and would be able to pay a monthly amount. I enclosed a montly income and expenditure.. Later that week i received a call from Jason at Ruthbridge saying they dont accept DD or standing orders and i had 2 choice.. Either pay in full in 18 days or make myself bankrupt..

Obviously i am worried about this but i didnt let him know this.. i do want to pay this debt off but cant afford the full amount.. please can anyone help.. thanks

If you have asked for a copy of your Credit Agreement and it's enforceable and there are no charges to reclaim, I would just persist with paying them what you can afford.

A judge would not order you to pay any more than this.

Also, the rubbish about making you bankrupt is just that, rubbish.

If you can record your calls, please call Jason back and talk to him about how he's going to make you bankrupt and post it on here for further advice.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

If you have asked for a copy of your Credit Agreement and it's enforceable and there are no charges to reclaim, I would just persist with paying them what you can afford.

A judge would not order you to pay any more than this.

Also, the rubbish about making you bankrupt is just that, rubbish.

If you can record your calls, please call Jason back and talk to him about how he's going to make you bankrupt and post it on here for further advice.

Aggree a judge will only order you to pay what you can afford and provided you keep to the payments there is fu*k all a dca can do ie they can not send round bailiffs or take your wages or any thing else they normaly threaten you with.

thanks.. that was another thing i needed to ask.. they say the amount is 1397, but i wrote to Monument (which is owned by Barclay Card) and they said they refunded me almost £500 in charges and interest.. But in telling Jason this he didnt want to listen and said i had to pay the full amount..

Aggree with above do not call them if they call you refuse to answer the security questions and simply say everthing in wrighting and put the phone down if they persist in calling you there is a template letter you can send them. remember when they are bulling and treatening you on the phone it is harder to think strait but with a letter you can read it at you your own pace and come back to it after you have had a think and got some advice

Thanks everyone for the advice i really appreciate it.. i am going to write them a letter this evening again showing income and expenditure and again offer them a monthly payment.. ( do you think i should include the 1st months payment in a cheque)

have you requested a copy of your credit agreement?

if not send the letter at no 1 in my sig, include a £1 po and send recorded. do not sign it just print your name send along with this:

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

send these to rughbridge,

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Do NOT send these muppets your income/expenditure. They have no right to it.

The only letter you should be sending is the one Ida posted above and this one linked here

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Send a £1 postal order with it and print (do not sign) the letter.

Jogs

i am going to write them a letter this evening again showing income and expenditure and again offer them a monthly payment.. ( do you think i should include the 1st months payment in a cheque)

Do not do this.

They have no power to money or i & e details off you.

I have sent off my CCA and will keep you informed.. 2 questions though..

1) What should happen if i get a response letter saying they dont have the original agreement.

2) What do i do if they send me the original agreeemnt

I have sent off my CCA and will keep you informed.. 2 questions though..

1) What should happen if i get a response letter saying they dont have the original agreement.

2) What do i do if they send me the original agreeemnt

1) you can send an account in dispute letter and can within your rights to withold payment

2) post it up here for folk to have alook at and if enforcable you can make an arrangement to pay that suits you

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Have just checked on Royalmail website and my CCA letter was deliver this morning and guess what... Mr Jason aka Dickhead has been trying to call me frantically..lol

did you include the telephone harrassment letter?

ida x

Good Evening everyone..

I apologise in advance as im sure there will be numerous threads regarding this company, but everyones cicrumstances are different..

i will try to keep this brief and as much help as possible would be greatly appreciated.

I had a credit card with Monument about 5 years ago.. The debt was passed to Cabot financial and now on to Ruthbridge.. Had all the threatening calls and letter from them saying i need to pay with in 18 days in full or else..

I wrote to them advising i could not pay them in full and would be able to pay a monthly amount. I enclosed a montly income and expenditure.. Later that week i received a call from Jason at Ruthbridge saying they dont accept DD or standing orders and i had 2 choice.. Either pay in full in 18 days or make myself bankrupt..

Obviously i am worried about this but i didnt let him know this.. i do want to pay this debt off but cant afford the full amount.. please can anyone help.. thanks

erm......they dont accept dd or standing orders? yes they do because ive had a standing order with them myself! bunch of bloody liars!!! gud luck

LOL.. well he kinda dropped himslef in to it about the standing order.. the first time i phoned he said they didnt do standing orders or D/D then a week later I phoned and he said i needed to have a LLoyds bank account to do D/D which i know was bull****..

There whole company is a Joke.. I have sent them a CCA letter a week ago and have yet not heard anything back from them.. i cant wait for there response..

its been 11 days now since my CCA letter was delivered to ruthbridge and i have still had no reply.. What do I do next, do I assume they cant get a copy of my original aggrement, (if so what does this mean for me) or do i assume they might be taking it to the courts, (again what would that mean for me) appreciate the help

I no I'm just new here but I do no these ruthbridge monkeys.

If Cabot have passed it over to them for collection, you no there is nothing to worry about. The agreement will be all fairy stories.

In fact I have a feeling that Cabot hand these over to them and tell them to keep the lot if they can squeeze the last drops out. Why woul'nt they do it themselves if there was even the slightest chance of being able to collect in house?

Tell them to go play with themselves, or you'll be happy to see them in court. You no it makes sense.