Bill for 600 ran up our fault but no help from orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:(:(

hiya all

bit of a pickle, misunderstood that the cross networks was not really unlimited thus now ended up with huge bill,

understand our fault but really am so cross that orange didnt give us a bit of a warning that could have been superb customer service as all previous years we have always stuck to the payment amount

have tried to call and speak with customer collections and basically they will only set up a payment plan min about 15.00 i asked for only about 10 on a weekly basis then they will stop the monthly charge, but not open the line up until full bill paid

also if we dont pay what they want will be passed to debt coll agency

i got really cross at this point, as stated how we were not informed of the bill increasing so much and that i think to be told that its this amount ie 15.00 or nothing to set up the payment plan will only cause us more debt in the long run as then will affect our credit file and also be sold to a debt collection agency, i advised that i will be informing my mp about this - their actions would cause hardship and also incur me more debt

our credit file is shot so what other options do i have but i think i will just get their terms and conditions thrown at us and therefore we are in a bit of a pickle still

will not give access to the mobile phone to make calls on a seperate payment plan, so thus have to clear the debt before they connect us again

all this after 10 years and 3 mobile contracts with orange

others please beware i want to write to put my feedback to them, but what is best to say?

your thoughts appreciated cheers angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Almost without exception, mobile networks are fairly inflexible when the consumers make a mistake. At least you did make the calls - the amount they chargew is always a minimum ONLY, it can always be higher - and when you think about it, all it takes if a few Premium SMS texts and you're off and running with high charges to have no hope of controlling. Or if you're phone is stolen, again until you arrange blocking, you are responsible for all costs even though you never made any calls.

Past custom is never of any interest to them - they have a problem they need resolved, and if you fit in with their proposals, you have a chance to redeem yourself, but if you cannot, you'll be dumped, They do not negotiate, as their computer provides the calculations that will be accepted, and if you're late with that they'll end the arrangement and it's off to the DCA.

The only solution for the future is NOT to have a phone contract. PAYG (Like ASDA Mobile) keep your outgoings limited to the credit you have left on your account.

• Haha 1

hiya buzby

many thanks for your post, and thoughts, ive now also reflected on your points and its been a huge lesson to have learnt and since posting talked to another person who was at least a lot more helpful,

have agreed a payment plan of course i will be putting all in writing as im covering myself dont want any of this to backfire on me

but yes i think pay as you go is now the way to go - huge lesson learnt

thanks for the time spent on your reply to me very much appreciated

have a fun day laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

and if when you go payg with the same number, they start sprouting crap about having to have another simcard & they cannot make your current one payg must now pay £15. tell 'em thats rubbish.

sadly myself and 3 others at work got stung by this until i got ahold of a supervisor in retentions dept. excuse was the 'script' on the callcentre operators screen was wrong!

we got all the £15's refunded and a £20 vouncher each as a sorry.

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you dx100uk

i will keep that in mind

will keep you all posted, at least i just wanted to alert others of the danger of misunderstanding costs you a lot more than sometimes you believe

laters have a fun day angel x

You can avoid this by porting you number to a different network (from Orange to, say ASDA who will restart your number on their service using the Vodafone network. Just be sure your handset is (or can be) unlocked to allow use of another network. Saves a lot of hassle, and cuts the cord cleanly!