style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have had a visit from rosendale bailiffts stating i owe 330.08 i asked when this was from and he said 2002 he said if i dont have the full ammount by friday 30th july he would either come back with the appropiate people to arrest me or to take my things

i am really struggling to get the money together for friday what can they do if i dont have the full ammount for them do they have the power to have me arrested or to take my things

any help please

i have had a visit from rosendale bailiffts stating i owe 330.08 i asked when this was from and he said 2002 he said if i dont have the full ammount by friday 30th july he would either come back with the appropiate people to arrest me or to take my things

i am really struggling to get the money together for friday what can they do if i dont have the full ammount for them do they have the power to have me arrested or to take my things

any help please

hi claire

do you know what this amount is for??

they said it is for outstanding council tax

well for starters he does not have the power to arrest you so you will not be arrested. Did he come into your property and make a walking posession order or make a levy on any of your property.

Did he give you a break down of the charges and do you know how much of this debt is owed to the council and how much of the debt is owed to the bailiff. this is very important.

well for starters he does not have the power to arrest you so you will not be arrested. Did he come into your property and make a walking posession order or make a levy on any of your property.

Did he give you a break down of the charges and do you know how much of this debt is owed to the council and how much of the debt is owed to the bailiff. this is very important.

i never let him in the house he stood at the doorstep he never showed me how much is actually owed to the council and how much is owed to them just told me the whole amount owed

my partner works and i recieve child benefit and family tax credit

do i have to pay the balance of in full or do they have to take it in instalments

Ok he cannot force his way into your property or get a lock smith, what he has told you there is a blatant lie.

Get intouch with the council who you owe money too and ask them how much is outstanding, ask them if they can take back the debt as you fear the bailiff after he started to threaten you with arrest and that he was going to break in explain you have a child/children there. Dont let him in if he comes back, tell him you know your rights and what he told you was a lie and you will complain about him to his employers and if they do not do anything then you will submit a form 4 to the courts where he was certified. Check he is certified.

He cannot charge you any more that £24 for the 1st visit

£18 for the second visit.

No wpo or levy was made so he cannot charge for those either.

You need to call him or call his firm and ask for a break down of the charges and see what he is charging you for. once you get the breakdown see how much is outstanding and offer the council a payment plan.

Let us know how you get on.

many thanks for your help i have found a letter from the council stating the balance owed to them is 148.48 so the rest of the balance must be what rossendales are charging me i will give the council a ring tommorow and see if i can pay the full balance owed to them this week stating that rossendales have made a threat to arrest me if i dont pay 330 to them straight away when he did make the comment about getting me arrested and taking me to court all 4 of my children were stood with me and they got very upset about this

thankyou for your help i will let you no how i get on tommorow hopefully i can get somewere with this

many thanks for your help i have found a letter from the council stating the balance owed to them is 148.48 so the rest of the balance must be what rossendales are charging me i will give the council a ring tommorow and see if i can pay the full balance owed to them this week stating that rossendales have made a threat to arrest me if i dont pay 330 to them straight away when he did make the comment about getting me arrested and taking me to court all 4 of my children were stood with me and they got very upset about this

thankyou for your help i will let you no how i get on tommorow hopefully i can get somewere with this

Thats a steep charge they made for the one vist, but its not surprising. it might be of interest to you to have a look at some of the other threads in here where extortionate charges have been made by bailiffs, will give you an insight of what to say or write if need be.

please can you help me again please i have contacted rossendale today and they are saying they can not do anything it is up to the bailifft to decide if i should pay the balance in full as he has said he wants the full amount by friday will i have to pay it even tho it is going to leave me very short for the week i have 4 kids i have to feed i dont no what to do shall i just pay them i am so confused as what choice i have

the council stating the balance owed to them is 148.48

bailiff stating i owe 330.08 £181.60 for bailiff charges this is wrong

have you checked to see if this bailiff is certificated

On line search to check if a Bailiff is Certificated

the llink comes up with no result found even when i put in rossendales i also asked on the phone about the breakdown of what is owed to the council and whet is owed to them and she said they carnt tell me that it is up to the bailifft to give me those details

he cant have you arrested he cant remove any of your property he has never been in your house therefore unless you let him there is nothing he can do

you are going to send an e-mail to the council and rossendales

don't worry if you don't know what to write we will help you with this

first phone

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 and get them to confirm if he is a bailiff or not

if you pay the full amount to the council the bailiff will still chase you for his fees most of which are wrong lets get the e-mails sent and take it from there

give me 10 min to read your thread again and i will post up an e-mail to send to the council and the bailiff

OK i need to know if this £303 he is demanding is in writing did he leave any letters stating this is the amount owed

it is 330.08 he says is owed the only thing he left was a bailiff removal form with the the amount in writing at the top

he has not left me anything with the breakdown on

many thanks for all your help