drink driving

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not quite sure if there is a section on d/d, while on holiday in summerset the wife got done for d/d, and was taken off by the police officer in his car to the police station. because she could not blow the machine properly but the officer was on his own in the patrol car, is this ok our does he needs to have had another officer with him.she was quite distrought being on her own with him. thankyou.

It's ok as far as I'm aware. She would have given a reading at the station instead I expect.

Al, I think what disco is asking is more to do with "is it OK for an officer on his own to take an unaccompanied female in his police car", rather than as you suspect, "is it OK to fail to provide a breath test and do another at the station".

As far as I know you can refuse to even stop for an unmarked police car unless and until you have reached a populated area to feel safe, particularly if you are a lone female. I have heard it recommended that if an unmarked police car flashes you to stop, you should ring the police yourself to validate that the police car is official.

not quite sure if there is a section on d/d, while on holiday in summerset the wife got done for d/d, and was taken off by the police officer in his car to the police station. because she could not blow the machine properly but the officer was on his own in the patrol car, is this ok our does he needs to have had another officer with him.she was quite distrought being on her own with him. thankyou.

It is perfectly acceptable for the officer to transport the person in custody alone if necessary.

Good practice would suggest that two officers would be better than one, but with the technology in most police vehicles such as GPS tracking, ambient listening (if required) etc it's really down to the individual officer.

If they had to wait for another officer in the case of a Drink drive it could work in your favour or against you. Your alcohol level could be going down, or then again it could still be on the way up.

No legal issues with the officer transporting alone though.

Wasn`t the reason for her upset that she was caught for drink driving!

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

The O.P said the policeman was in his patrol car - not sure where all this 'unmarked police car' has come from.

It was a comment I added which seemed appropriate to the topic of "can a person (particularly female) feel safe with a lone policeman". Although not the issue in this case, I thought it may be similar useful information that many people may not be aware of.

Sorry you felt it was inappropriate electron99. Would you like me to delete it?

Edited by crem
wrong quote