You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
middenmess

Correct Procedure For BT To Terminate A BT Contract Mobile

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Before I post up full details of my woes, can someone please advise me of the procedure that BT should follow when Terminating a contract for a mobile phone and then invoicing for the full amount of the remainder of the contract.

Are they then able some weeks later to un-terminate their termination and reinstate the contract without the customer signing a new contract?

Not if you've terminated they can't.

You need to write, giving 30 days notice of termination, preferably after you have completed your minimum term, and to fit in with your billing dates. You then get confirmation of the closure, a penultimate bill charging the last monthly rental, and the following month, the final bill having no monthly charge, only the cost of your non-contract calls.

They cannot reactivate the account after your notice of termination, which you would have sent by Recorded Delivery, and can prove receipt if challenged to do so. If you have not provided cancellation in writing, it becomes your word against theirs, and proving your intentions much more difficult.

Hi Buzby-thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but I've not explained the situation properly I fear.

It's BT who terminated my contract as I was late in paying due to a [bT] mix up with the billing procedure.[and then un-terminated it 3 weeks later]

I have to be equally responsible but I don't think that they went about it as they should have done.

I'm involved in correspondance by email with them about it but as they appear to only read and appreciate what favours them in my emails I need to know the procedure that they should have followed before I up the tone of my emails to them about this matter.

So far the emails from both sides have been on the sensible and sort of friendly side but I'm getting nowhere slowly as this is now been going on since mid May.

I'm suggesting unlawful recission of contract but I might well be talking rubbish so I need the advice of a knowledgable one before I sound off!

There's no hard and fast rules, each network decides its own policies with regard to resolving 'issues' (ie problems) with customers, but they can change on a whim, so whether the correct proceedure was followed would only be known by hte networks itself.

You're stuck with what is deemed to be 'fair'. If through their actions it would be reasonable to assume they are being unreasobable, then it would be right to challenge them - but when you say your contract had been cancelled, it most likely had not been, simply suspended (probably automatically by the billing computer) and once payment had been made or the block had been overridden by a staff member, the service would have continued. Until you (or they) provide formal notice of disconnection or termination, then the contract rumbles on regardless.

As to the situation you find yourself in, it is always best you itemise your concerns numerically, and ask them to respond in a like manner as you feel they are not addressing your concerns - so if they're going to behave like children, keep your requests simple and unambiguous, neatly numbered, and await their considered reply! :)

Hi again Buzby

Past few emails I've put my concerns in numbered lines for them to digest individually but it seems to make no difference as they just ignore the difficult points and give a half reply to anything that goes in BT's favour.

I'll bore you with a few more details as I realise that giving an opinion on just the basics is nigh on impossible.

Changed my phone contract to BT's 'One Bill' which give me 'One Bill' for Business line,broadband and mobile phone.

First bill came in with no mobile phone included on it and charges for new equipment which should have been included in the new package for free plus promised 10% discount was also missing.

This prompted prolonged phone call and emails to sort out but eventually more or less OK except for putting the mobile account on the 'One Bill'

Received monthly invoices for mobile whilst this was being 'sorted'.

End result was I was 2 months late in paying one of these bills which I paid via Internet banking to BT on 5th May,09. Total involved was around £30.

Received reminder letter from BT around 12th May saying that payment of £21 hadn't been received and ''Unless we receive payment,we will have no alternative but to restrict your service.Reconnection will only take place once full payment has been received''--No date mentioned here as to when the payment had to be made by.

I was not using the mobile at this time as I was using up old 'Pay as you go' credits on my wife's phone but took only the BT mobile phone with me when I went away on 11th May to an isolated location for a few days where a mobile was essential for both my business and in case of problems with wife's disabilities.

So was overjoyed to find that the mobile was not in operation when I needed it when I arrived in the middle of nowhere location for a few days away.

As the use of a mobile whilst I was away from home was paramount, I had no alternative but to obtain another mobile at an unnecessary expense and inconvenience

On my return home on May 18th there was no correspondence from BT about being 'cut off' so I telephoned BT to find out what was going on.

The phone was still 'cut off' at this time.

Whomever I was connected to confirmed that the account was paid and up to date and should have been in full service.

He then transferred me to the BT billing section. This gentleman suggested that it might well have to do with the money being received but incorrectly credited somewhere.

I explained that there would never have been an issue if all the mobile phone account had been correctly set up together with my BT landline and broadband into the 'One Bill Account' in the first place--'One Bill' to me means just that, 'One Bill' ,but to BT it apparently means 'Two Bills'.

This billing person said that they could sort it out quite easily so I left it at that.

They did 'easily sort it out' as two days later I received a final bill which included a 'Termination Fee' !!!

Several emails later with the third party [from whom I'd been sold the BT service and whom I'd asked to intervene with BT to sort out this mess] BT announced to them that the service had been reconnected on or around the 9th June.

BT didn't bother to inform me that the phone was 'back on'.[and still haven't]

On 11th June I received a full credit note against the Termination Fees.

Emails between me and BT right up to today but getting nowhere--[these included BT saying that they'd arranged to include the mobile onto the One Bill account but still receiving separate invoices from them! and me saying there is no contract because you terminated it!]

So in a nutshell...

BT cut me off sometime late April/Early May [i have not been advised of the actual date]

The account was paid and up to date on May 5th..

I needed a phone that worked so I bought another one.

Phoned BT Billing [on 18th May on my return] who said they'd sort it out.

2 days later I received a final bill including a termination fee.

BT 'resolved it' 23 days later on 9th June apparently but didn't deem it necessary to tell me about it.

11th June I received a credit note.

In my opinion,

BT formally terminated the contract by sending a final bill with termination fee.

A Credit note was received against Termination fees but as you cannot un terminate a termination especially after 23 days with no communication to me, the customer.

[in BT's emails to me I've been informed by one writer that

''...payments made on this account have been late. This is the reason why your account was terminated.'']

What a stupid mess--HELP!!

I think the quickest way to cut through this to to contact the BT Company Representative that haunts the MSE Forums - as they've een efficient in the past at providing a UK-based short-circuit to the often tortuous billing issues! Let me know if you need a weblink.

Hi Buzby-thanks for your post.

A link would be appreciated please.