• Tweets

• No, do the section 75 chargeback to your credit card provider.
    • See what dx thinks but it seems to me that sending a photo of your own pass isn't relevant to what happened. Let's wait and see what he says. HB
    • 1st letter image.pdf1st letter 2nd page.pdf
    • Many thanks for the replies and advice!   I what to send this email to the Starbucks CEO and the area manager. Your thoughts would be appreciated.   [email protected] [email protected]   Re: MET Parking PNC at your Starbucks Southgate site   Dear Ms Rayner, / Dear Heather Christie,   I have received a Notice to Keeper regarding a Parking Charge Notice of £100 for the driver parking in the Southgate Park Car Park, otherwise infamously known as the Stanstead Starbucks/McDonalds car park(s).   Issued by: MET Parking Services Ltd Parking Charge Notice Number: XXXXXXXXX Vehicle Registration Number: XXXX XXX Date of Contravention: XX.XX.XXXX Time: XX:XX - XX:XX   After a little research it apears that the driver is not alone in being caught in what is commonly described as a scam, and has featured in the national press and on the mainstream television.   It is a shame that the reputation of Starbucks is being tarnished by this, with your customers leaving the lowest possible reviews on Trustpilot and Trip Advisor at this location, and to be associated with what on the face of it appears to be a doubious and predatory car park management company.   In this instance, during the early hours of the morning the driver required a coffee and parked up outside Starbucks with the intention of purchasing one from yourselves. Unfortunately, you were closed so the driver walked to McDonalds next door and ordered a coffee, and for this I have received the Notice to Keeper.   It is claimed that the car park is two separate car parks (Starbucks/McDonalds). However, there is no barrier or road markings to identity a boundary, and the signage in the car park(s) and outside your property is ambiguous, as such the terms would most likely be deemed unfair and unenforcable under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   I understand that Starbucks-Euro Garages neither operate or benefit from the charges imposed by MET Parking. However, MET Parking is your client.   Additionally, I understand that the charge amount of £100 had previously been upheld in court due to a ‘legitimate interest in making sure that a car park was run as efficiently as possible to benefit other drivers as well as the local stores, keeping cars from overstaying’.   However, this is not applicable when the shop or store is closed (as was the case here), as there is no legitimate interest. Therefore, the amount demanded is a penalty and is punitive, again contravening the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   As the driver’s intention of the visit was genuine, I would be grateful if you could please instruct your client to cancel this Notice to Keeper/Parking Charge Notice.   Kind regards
    • I received the promised call back from the Saga man today who informed me that the undertakers have decreed it IS a modification and they will need to recalculate a quote individually for me. However it all sounds very arbitrary. The more I think about it, and with help from forum replies, the more I am sure that it is not a modification. If for example the original seatback had become damaged by a spillage or a tear, I would be entitled to replace it with the nearest available part. The problem is when it comes to a payout after an accident, there is no telling what an individual insurer will decide when he notices the change. I am still undecided which of the two best routes to go with, either don't mention the replacement at all, or fill in the quote form without mentioning, and when it comes to buying the insurance over the phone, mention it at the time.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help Please - Eviction Date 04/08/09 (Bham)

Mark0ne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I am wondering if anyone can advise me please (after reading some previous posts/replies on here it lifted my spirits to know that people care).

I have a mortgage taken out April 2007 for £120k at 5% plus LIBBOR .Repayments at outset were £1450 and are now (> July 09)£888.For various reasons (mainly lack of cash) the arrears stood at £25k approx in Nov 08 !!

However i got myself sorted out worked hard and i successfully delayed two eviction dates (in court) by getting as much cash as i could to them. On May 11th 09 the arrears figure was down to £6k approx - This was not done by regular monthly payments but lump sums along the way .The last suspended eviction terms (March09) were £500 a week (inc contracted payment).However have struggled again of late and arrears are now upto £9995.This figure when drilled down is possibly made up of around £2500 in charges (Monthly arrears fee.legal charges etc)

I would like to make a payment of £1000 this week (Thursday).I will submit a "form to suspend" tomorrow and hopefully have a hearing Thursday /Friday.

My circumstances changed since March 09 as my wife is sadly now unemployed. My record does not show regular monthly payments but have reduced the arreas from the peak of £25k - £6k at one stage.

The B/S are generally very unhelpful !! Should i write to them tomorrow with a proposal ? What is capitilisation of arreas ?

The house is freehold with a value of £145 -50k.The amount showing on last statement (one month ago) is £135k to repay everything.

I am not that good at composing letters etc plewase can anyone advise me- I REALLY WOULD APPREACIATE IT - as i want to hang on to our home.

My salary now (2 jobs) is £2100 approx nett pm.

I feel better having put everything in writing .

Kindest Regards

Mark

I may not be able to get to a computer till tonight.

I think you came on the right place. I had a Repo order for 11:00 a.m. 27 July 2009 -- TODAY !!! I haven't paid anything since November 2008. Arrears £12,500.- Was prepared to give up and RUNN.

After reading the experiences of others on this Forum, I put in a N244 Last Fridy. Composed a long statement. Went to court this morning.

Althought didn't manage to get the Eviction suspended, the judge adjourned the case for 4 weeks -- At least I bought myself some time.

Good luck.

We will hwlp you as much as we can

Ell-enn is the expert and she will need details of whether you have dependants living with you

Also if you can find a link to the income and expenditure form that will help.

What are the prospects for a new job for your wife?

Is your income steady each month?

Back later

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi there, unless you can get a letter to them tomorrow (fax?) and request a reply by return (unlikely), your best bet is to make the £1k payment and put in a good N244 defence statement which I am happy to help with if necessary.

Some questions:

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Do you have any children?

Can you calculate the "true" arrears, i.e. the total they are claiming minus the charges (they cannot include charges in their claim for possession, and this needs to be pointed out to the judge).

I have people for dinner this evening but I have affixed the following in the hope that help you somewhat:

1. letter which you may wish to adapt for your circumstances.

2. budget sheet which you will need for both a letter and the N244. When filling in the budget remember the amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears is the amount left over after everything else has been paid.

3. statement for Q.10 of the N244 - you will need to adapt this if you have not been able to answer the above questions before I log off. The sentences in red are the ones you may need to adapt i.e. if you do not have a statement showing the charges.

I will be off line around 8pm and will not be online again until tomorrow evening.

Ell-enn

Budget Sheet.xls

MarkOne letter.doc

MarkOne N244 Statement.doc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Althought didn't manage to get the Eviction suspended, the judge adjourned the case for 4 weeks -- At least I bought myself some time.

Don't mean to hijack the post, but just wanted to ask tony a quick question - why did the judge adjourn the case? how did the n224 form help? I'm a newbie at all this so just after some general advice.

capatilizing the arrears means in effect that the arrears are included in the debt and show as zero on the account and then they recalculate the MP on the increased debt over the remaining term. Then you should offer to pay your MP ( preferably by DD so it comes before all other bills)

One big advantage is that you will not be increasing your debt by the arrears charges each month and it will in effect be a fresh start .

in respect of the charges you may later be able to get a statement of all the charges and complain to the FOS - but at this stage it is best not to rock the boat too much and I would advise concentrating on keeping the house first and much later on have a good read around the forum regarding posters who are fighting these charges.

If they do agree to capatalise the arrears you will have to make sure you are happy about how they have arrived at the figures.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Here in brief is my situation: Mortgage with GMAC. £190,000.- interest only. They had eviction order in July last year. I managed to pay off all the arrears before the eviction date. (Should have got the order lifted, but didn’t know it can be done). My business suddenly turned bad with the economic climate. Last made a payment of £2,000 at the end of October 2008. No further payment since.

Edited by tony.b.johnson
wrong font

Here in brief is my situation: Mortgage with GMAC. £190,000.- interest only. They had eviction order in July last year. I managed to pay off all the arrears before the eviction date. (Should have got the order lifted, but didn’t know it can be done). My business suddenly turned bad with the economic climate. Last made a payment of £2,000 at the end of October 2008. No further payment since.

Edited by tony.b.johnson

Tony (hope thats not your real name as we have lots of spies on here:))

if you go to the possessions forum you will see a button at the bottom which says new thread.

If you start your own thread we can answer any questions on there and it saves any confusion on this one.

thanks

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hello - Its MarkOne here but had logging on problems and now i am Mark One2 !

First thanks to tony b - Jansus & Ell-enn for prompt replies.Can only get to computer now at work !

Action for today

1) fax letter to mortgage company. ?

2) Apply to court for hearing date. ?

Will be back on soon once i have done my first bit of work.

MANY THANKS -I do appreciate it.

Mark

Jansus - Thanks for explaining the capitilisation process.Ell-enn the draft letters look great and i will add to them a little also.

Ell-enn - only my daughter (over 21) living at home).Good chance of wife getting a job post Sept as works in early years (non teaching sector).

The B/S have generally been totally unhelpful - I do feel that if they( mortgage sector) really wanted to sort the bad debts out they could with better understanding.

I am now checking all my statements to confirm totals paid to them over the last ten months and also the charges element in the arrears figure - I do want to be accurate and have the proof .

Will be back on later.

Kindest Reagrds to all .

MarkOne2

If you are reading this and in repossesion "stress" mode my advice is post your query as i have founfd it helps to share (offload) and it is giving me confidence to really try and fight on

A couple more questions

If you took the mortgage out in 2007 how did you get to 25k arrears by Nov 2008? Did you have an irregular income? Do you think the lender checked whether you could afford the mortgage properly and was there a particular reason why you had problems?must have been really frightening and well done for getting the arrears lower. I guess if your lender does charge automatic arrears charges this must have increased your debt considerably.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Jansus - I took mortgage out then lost income source !! After no payments for 18 months and in between this GMAC sold their mortgage book on to another company (current B/S).

Then realised i had to battle hard (work) and feel i have tried very hard - but all the time they are negative to any meaningful discussion !!

At midd April of this year i had maintained the court rate of £ 500 pw and i paid £6000 which took me up to wk comm 11/05/09.Since then have stuttered ....If i pay £1000 on Thursday then in court eyes i have maintained order till 25/05/09 approx.

But i have paid so much (exact figure to follow) since last Nov 08 which i thought would have proved to them that i want to retain the home.

Ell-enn's draft letters are fantastic and faxed one off to B/S this pm - but dont expect much back from them.

At court office tomorrow to hand over my £ 35 to get a hearing for Friday ?

Will be back on later - Thanks for support

Rehgards

MarkOne2

There are a couple of posters who have managed to reclaim charges through the FOS I will try and find some links later - and I believe there are some lenders under inspection at the moment about the level of charges. BUT one step at a time.

The main thing will be to try nd show you can maintain your current MP with either a small amount towards the arrears or get them capatalized - and that will probably depend on the same thing - proving you can afford the MP. Unfortunately if they have been doing the correct thing and adding the charges to your loan - then of course the MP will be higher.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi everyone - The hearing date (finally) is set for Monday am !!!!!!! I asked for Friday but was told not possible 48 hrs notice required !!I have done my best with all your help.A good letter has gone off to lender (as yet no reply) I am making a payment tomorrow of £1k.A fair letter has gone in with application to suspend for judges perusal. Q) On the form it states "apply to suspend" should i have added or adjournement ??

Now i have to pray hard and stay calm (difficult).

Hopefully looking at it positively Tuesdays eviction will not happen BUT if it is not can i have a plan B eg apply again but try to get a bit more £ together for Tuesday payment ??

Kindest Regards to you all

MarkOne2

Ell-enn if you want can i send you my letters to peruse please?

Any other tips appreciated

Hi there, you can send them to me at [email protected] :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn .Thanks for reply will do ( i am not really a IT expert so bear with me).

Today i paid the £1000 to lender as i said i would.

I have had a phone call from them saying they want proof of income / bank statements.

I am at work and do not have bank statements with me but i faxed over all of last three months pay slips and more (9 pages) which clearly proves i can afford the payment offer and confirmed my income(s).

They called again saying we want bank account statements - Which i can get but my salary is paid into my son's account .The activity in there is only my salary in and monies out - Is this a problem ?

Anyway many thanks for all your help .

Kindest Regards

MarkOne 2

Guest Ebensmom

It shouldn't be a problem, as the amount on your payslips will clearly match the amount going into the account. But they may want to see bank statments to see what other bills, d/ds etc you have going out as well, to support your I/E statement.

Thanks Ebensmom - As yousay the statements show the BACS transfer in nad most comes out by cash ! Couple of D/Ds for my son but he gives me money.

Fingers crossed ! The income is there in black and white andthey have had my payslips etc.

Best Wishes

MarkOne2

Hello - Still awaiting to hear back from lender (Or Mortgage services section).

Whilst waiting done some prep work (Monday am !!) and arrears currently £10,000 (they somehow explain to me that they add on next payment as well -whats that about ! so could be £10900)

I have paid in total £22,683 since Nov 08 and that equals £2836 approx amonth - although my payments have been erratic - However still alot of money and surely demonstrates a committment.

Got statements from onset out and all charges total £3689.00.Broken down into a) Monthly (£50) admin charge = £1300 b) Legal Fees £1350 c) Others ;Summons fees/Cllr visits etc £1039 !

Also found breakdown of loan rates !! Was up at outset at 11.83% and only now at the great figure of 6.87%.

Q ) The mortgage was sold on from GMAC to ..........How can i check that everything transferred accross at same rates etc.

Kindest Regards Everyone

MarkOne

Hi

Just checking if you are ok ,or need anymore help before the hearing?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Morning Jansus - Thanks very much.I never heard anything(no post or call) from lender after sending off wages slips and bank statement.That alaways worries me ...

I am now putting my folder of papers in place and then going for a i hour walk - It is so difficult not to think about it ...

Tomorrow circa 10.OO am beckons no matter how you wish to slow it down.

Kindest Regards

MarkOne2

Any thoughts on plan B if it goes the wrong way ?