Azuma

Lowell and Defaulting, sigh...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hey guys,

i've been to-ing and fro-ing with Lowell now for a while, they originally sent me a letter stating i owed 3k from 2002, i sent them the Stat Barred letter, to which they replied the account is not Stat Barred, because and i quote "a payment was 'attempted' in Feb 2005".

however, i have just realised they have put a default on my credit report.

my question is, how can they do this, when no proof the debt is still enforceable? i know that this seems to be normal practice for these clowns, but is there any way in getting this taken off at all?

Will i need to send them a CCA request? As i have literally given up the letter 'tag' game with them until they send me proof the debt is not SB. (just them stating that it isn't SB in a letter is not proof)

Any ideas Caggers? :D much appreciated in advance.

Az

Edited by Azuma

Personally I would contact the CRA and advise them that as the debt has not been verified, and is not legally enforceable as it is SB, they should remove the incorrect data from your file, and whilst you are waiting for them to do this, they should send you a copy of their complaints procedure, and a complaint will also be filed with the ICO also.

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the advice Bazooka Boo, i'm going to do just that. it's crazy how they can pretty much mess up your whole life (re. mortgage and any future credit) on a whim. getting sick of them dictating my future, someone has to stop this now, before it goes too far and they keep pushing the boundaries to see how much they CAN get away with. neverending cycle of bull from DCA's.

I see this is another "ATTEMPTED" payment from Lowells. :rolleyes:

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I see this is another "ATTEMPTED" payment from Lowells. :rolleyes:

I know man, i think it's classic, they make me wonder who had the company brain cell the day someone typed up that pre fab response. :D

*Bump* anyone else had something along the lines of "an attempted payment" ? lol

*Bump* anyone else had something along the lines of "an attempted payment" ? lol

Ooohh, it makes me want to ring them and ask them what exactly is an "attempted" payment!

Do they mean they saw me open my wallet and take out my credit card? Or do they mean they saw you go into a Post office and enquire about a postal order??

Or is simply 'thinking' about it enough to warrant "attempting" to pay their sorry a55e5:evil:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think they mean they attempted to get a payment but nobody replied. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

yes like we called you that day and are certain that you would have had your cc handy,but you were not in.

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Lowlife telling stories again, tut...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Lowlife telling stories again, tut...

Maybe they're going to diversify their business and enter into the world of Janet & John books or even produce Jackanory programs. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:Dsolved the puzzle of where mystic meg disapeared too.

SAM

I would send them a nice little letter telling them they have 14 days to remove all adverse info from my credit record. If they don't, hit them straight away with a court claim.

Damages for this type of incident are about £5000.

JOgs

:Dsolved the puzzle of where mystic meg disapeared too.

SAM

Maybe she's at the same desk as Anthea "here's one we made earlier" Turner. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't you mean here's one we cleaned earlier?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

often wonder if lowell ever read these posts.

with them been mindless idiots,wonder if they know what we are on about.

will pms if i see a lowell/red/hampton letter signed m.meg:Dor f.teller

SAM

After reading this post it looks like fun times ahead for me with these lol. Must be frustrating to see this happening but at least your able to see your credit report im still waiting as they need to do further checks! whatever that mean?

Hi all, I think everyone I have spoken to has had a bad experience with this company. My situation is that I have actually cleared my debt with these guys 4 months ago and they still have not up dated my credit file after many requests. I just do not know what to do next. Any ideas? :-x

Its typical sleezy behaviour from DCA's - they make out they will amend your credit file accordingly, but once they get the money - dont.

I personally would demand what id paid them back as they had no legal authority to it in the 1st place.

Hi all, I think everyone I have spoken to has had a bad experience with this company. My situation is that I have actually cleared my debt with these guys 4 months ago and they still have not up dated my credit file after many requests. I just do not know what to do next. Any ideas? :-x

hi.forget lowell and write to CRA give them the proof of your payments,and demand that this is marked on your file,as it should have been months ago.

shame we had not seen you before you payed these vultures:mad:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Send them an LBA and mean it :)