You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Wato

Link Financial

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a default from these on my credit file, It was only for a small sum £180 and I have paid it all off in full, I sent them a letter to see if they could as a gesture of good will remove the default as I had paid it in full and as it was only a small amount. I received a letter today that said "the above account will be marked as satisfied and the default notice will stay on my credit report for six years as required by law"

I am wondering if it is law or is it at their discretion, also bizarrely another letter was posted in with mine for somebody else with details of there account and how much they owe etc so they have cocked up there, Should I ring them to let them know they have sent me somebody’s details?

Finally also noticed that the actual default notice on my credit file is for a loan and this is wrong as it was passed over to them from a credit card.

Is there anything else I can do to get this removed or will I just have to wait till 6 years

thanks Wato

Nope, it is isnt "law".. it is industry practice.

TBH, I am not sure how you would go about getting this removed.

You could look for threads by car2403 who has posted extensively on this issue. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ask them to tell you which "law" they are relying on to let them to do this ;)

In practice you'll struggle to get this removed as citizenB says. Three questions 1) Did Link place the default on the file or the original creditor? 2) Did you receive a default notice at the time? 3) Have you requested a copy of the original credit agreement?

Hi, thanks for the replys

In answer to your questions Link placed the default on my file but on the credit file its is down as a loan and it never was for a loan,I never asked for the original credit agreement I just paid it off

cheers Wato

Did they send you a default notice?

One option might be to request a copy of the agreement and check whether it exists and was enforceable? If they can't supply it or it's invalid, then you would have a stronger argument for getting the default removed.

You should contact the ICO as soon as because the letter you have for someone else is a gross breach of the DPA which can attract as substantial fine and/or imprisonment.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

there was a default notice from link,but at the time I binned it...foolish I know but at the the time I didnt know bout this great site,I was to busy keeping my head buried in the sand :(

cheers John

I have sent an response letter saying I am dissapointed with their refusal to remove and asked them what law the are refering to. Also I have pointed out a few of the discrepencies that appear on the file entry such as it been for a loan which it was not.

will keep you posted to what I get back

cheers Wato