• Tweets

• Yes, let us know if they honour the agreement to pay.   Thanks for Donation made and anything further you can make - it helps us keep helping !
    • Mark Bauwens from France takes us through his week during the coronavirus pandemic. View the full article
    • Thankyou very much i will be around all day it would be appreciated Below is another attempt :     IN THE COUNTY COURT AT ***************                 CLAIM NO:**********     BETWEEN:   LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD CLAIMANT   and   MRS *********************** DEFENDANT   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   WITNESS STATEMENT OF ******************   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   I, ******************************************* WILL SAY as follows:   I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.     INTRODUCTION   1. It is my understanding that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct disputed or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed 10p to 15p in the £1 and to which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income. Lowell Portfolio I Ltd issue claims to circumvent and claim the full amount of debt to maximise profit.   2. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   BACKGROUND 3. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card Agreement between the defendant and Vanquis Bank   4. Whilst it is accepted that the defendant has in the past had financial dealings with Vanquis, the defendant is unaware of what alleged debt the claimant refers, and the defendant has not entered into any contract with the Claimant.   5.The defendant made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on the 27th August 2019 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order to which the defendant received a reply dated 6th September 2019 putting their account on hold whilst they tried to gather the information.   6.The defendant received a reply dated 24th October 2019 with no CCA attached other than the documents which enclosed a statement, default notice, notice of assignment from Vanquis to Lowell & a reconstituted copy of an agreement which the claimants have already provided in their witness statement dated 3rd August 2020.   7.On 15th January 2020, I received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £******. The claimant contends that the claim is for the sum of £********* in respect of monies owing under an alleged agreement with the account no ******************* pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). Contained within the claimants particulars the claimant states that the account was subject to assignment from Vanquis to Lowell on 24 June 2015 with notice given.   CONCLUSION 8.To date no valid full true copy of the executed credit agreement or the terms and conditions have been disclosed .the claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt.   9.The claimant disclosed various screenshots taken from the originators software of the application and also confirms on their covering letter the relative legislation The Electronic Communications Act 2000 with regards to wet signatures and the requirement of a tick box to validate the application. The screenshots are devoid of any tick box or any authenticity of IP address conformation check.   10.Therefore the claimant remains in default of my section 78 request and pursuant to section 78 6a of the CCA1974 the claimant is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.   11.For the above reasons the claim bought by the claimant is without merit and an abuse of the court process. It would be far more gracious and forthright for the claimant to admit that they do not have possession of the correct valid paperwork and this is an attempt to mislead and convince the court that the claimant can disclose the legal valid documents on which its claim relies on. It is therefore requested that the Claimants Claim is struck out pursuant to the above.   STATEMENT OF TRUTH   I, ************** the defendant, believe the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of Court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.   Signed: …………………………………………… Print Name: ************* Dated: 4th August 2020
    • Allen Blue, who co-founded professional network LinkedIn, reveals how start-ups can achieve growth. View the full article
    • for want of clarity   this potential £5k is only available in England.    
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
pink.sapphire

Metropolitan collections and warrent of execution threats

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I have a £5000 loan with HSBC from when i was working and a £1250 overdraft some of which made up of charges (£3000 in three years. Which i tried to claim back due to hardship but HSBC refused untill court case is over).

I had to open an account elsewhere as HSBC would take the child benefit, so now theres no money going in the accounts.

Now im not working i joined a debt management programme which have been paying HSBC £40 a month but they wont come to a formal arrangment reguarding it and ignore correspondance.

Recently ive been bombarded with phone calls from metropolitan then letters and now they have sent a threatening letter stating they intend to instruct DG solicitors to issue legal proceedings in form of a warrent of execution.

Where do i stand with this? as i have been trying by making payments of £40 each month.

Does anyone have any advise for me? :(

Thanks in advance

they intend to instruct DG solicitors to issue legal proceedings in form of a warrent of execution.

Not possible without a CCJ and even then you would have to had defaulted on those payments which would be a lot lower than £40 per month. :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Have you sent them a CCA request to see whether this loan agreement is enforceable? http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

you may want to report them to othe OFT for misleading you re the warrant of execution

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

you may want to report them to the OFT for misleading you re the warrant of execution

Delete 'may' and enter 'WILL':-D

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk (the email is your best option)

And as the OFT are toothless, report them to these also;

Financial Ombudsman Service

Consumer Direct

How to Complain

And for the cheek of threatening a WofE & dropping the Solicitors in it complain to these also;

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Code of Conduct: contents:-D:-D

Boo:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Not possible without a CCJ and even then you would have to had defaulted on those payments which would be a lot lower than £40 per month. :rolleyes:

As Cerberusalert has pointed out, clearly misleading if they have no prior CCJ judgement.

£40 seems an awful lot to someone not working and just with child benefits, they should feel lucky they get that much!

I've seen people on here pay between £1 and £5 when they are out of work or relying on benefits.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Talking through their rear orrifices again :rolleyes:

You really shouldn't be paying anywhere near that much a month if you're not working. What DMP company are you using? CCCS, payplan?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Thanks for your reply am with Gregory Pennington debt management company. Its £99 a month which i find hard to manage as im unemployed with 2 young children. i also have mental health problems and the threats dealing with HSBC was my main reason for joining Gregory pennington.

I have 4 creditors but HSBC is the major one.

Thanks for your reply am with Gregory Pennington debt management company. Its £99 a month which i find hard to manage as im unemployed with 2 young children. i also have mental health problems and the threats dealing with HSBC was my main reason for joining Gregory pennington.

I have 4 creditors but HSBC is the major one.

Exscuse me for asking but how much of that £99 is going towards your alleged debts?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Hiya,

Same question came into my head as babybear - also just about to enter into DMP with CCCS myself and know that for your circumstances amount seems way high.

From the Gregory Pennington website:

How much do I pay?

A. At Gregory Pennington, we are committed to being completely clear and open about the charges for our services. Your first monthly payment is an initial fee for setting up our Payment Programme and is not paid to your creditors. This will place your accounts into arrears or further into arrears. There’s a monthly fee of 15% included as part of your affordable monthly payment (subject to a minimum of £29.50 and a maximum of £90.00).

The set-up fee includes:

• Compilation of the Draft Programme
  • Appointment of a dedicated Personal Finance Manager
  • Communication with your creditors either in writing or by telephone
  • Preparation of the financial statement
  • Calculation and issue of the reduced repayment proposals

I am sure would not be only one to suggest this but if you can reach whatever minimum threshold they employ (I think one of them will start you at £50??) then you really should consider moving to one of either payplan or CCCS. They will do this for FREE :)

According to their website this lot took your first payment of £99 as a fee (placing you in arrears/further in arrears) and have been taking (at least) 30% of what you have paid ever since. Given your income situation it also does not sound like there has been any proper consideration of "pro-rata" payments from "disposable" income once your priority debts have been paid.

There are many here that will be able to help with the whole reclaiming of charges and fees thing as well. Also, if HSBC actually took benefit money from your account I am sure that must be in breach of something?? Finally, with mental health problems and two young children I think it likely that some of the debt collection practices that have already been employed against you would be contrary to guidance at least in terms of dealing with vunerable people! (others more experienced can be more specific).

Amazing what personal experience and lurking here amongst these fine folk will give you in a very short time (found them in April this year!).

All the best and keep posting

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Hi Pink.Sapphire... this could be why HSBC are playing hardball, they dont like DMP's that are paid for, they would prefer you to use the charity ones.. a no brainer really as they see the money you are paying the DMP as being funds they could have had if it was a free plan.

If you are happy with your DMP then by all means continue.

As to the charges, do you have your case in court. As you receive benefits this should be free but I think you really do need to get your charges claim into court. Doing this means if HSBC DO attempt to take you to court they would come up against your claim to counter theres. Dont think they'll risk a large chunk of the outstanding debt coming off the balance if a judge sees fit :-D

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

I have found paid for dmp's can be helpful if you do the paper chasing.

If you can get any kind of original agreement thats not enforcable, and provide it to them, they will usually deal with it favourably.

question everything!

This all sounds extortionate to me.

You should be paying £1 per month, authorised by a court & once all your outgoings have been taken into account...

I believe CCCS and Payplan will only operate if you have a minimum of £100 to put towards a DMP. Anything less and you're on your own. As you are on benefits and out of work I would write to them all offering £1/month and play hardball. I do agree that in your circumstances that are so clear cut its crazy to be paying someone to run a plan for you. Note, I do pay for a DMP so I have no axe to grind here. You do not need to provide any creditor with a breakdown of your expenditure. Don't sign anything and don't use a DD mandate. Benefits are NOT paid to pay debts off, they are paid to help you feed, clothe and keep a roof over your head. Good luck.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

This all sounds extortionate to me.

You should be paying £1 per month, authorised by a court & once all your outgoings have been taken into account...

Agree with Mr T here. This is alot of money for you. Payplan do not charge for example. Went on a DMP with them over a year ago and sorted quite a few things out. Im with Metro too with regards to an HSBC overdraft so know how you feel. Was paying them £80 a month! Have stopped that and are waiting thier next move

Edited by DDWales
spelling

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

The other point to make is that HSBC are in breach of the OFT Guidance if they are contacting OP direct when they know an authorised third party is acting.

unfortunately they will always communicate with you and only sometimes with the appointed 3rd party. The 3rd party provides pre-paid envelopes for you to forward all correspondence to them to deal with. It might not be right, but its what they all do. However, I have not had to deal with sending my DMP or follow up with calls re where the money they're taking is going and that suits me just fine!

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

The other point to make is that HSBC are in breach of the OFT Guidance if they are contacting OP direct when they know an authorised third party is acting.

A list of links for you to send your complaints to is in order I feel!:D

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct

How to Complain

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!