Bryan Carter Solicitors

Luthor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from these people stating they had registered a B132 notice with the land registry against my property.

I rang them to find out why and it turns out that it was for my son who no longer lives with me and has no claim whatever on the house which is solely in my name.

I advised them they had 7 days to get this order removed and I have written a letter confirming my conversation stating they should have done their investigation more thoroughly before putting a charge on my house.

I am also writing to the Solicitors Regulation Authority to complain.

How can they get away with doing something like this without first checking the facts?

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to sue these people for the stress and anxiety this has caused my wife (who is disabled and suffers from very high blood pressure) and I?

Sorry can't help in depth but if you ask how can they get away with this, it's the tip of the iceberg with them.

As far as I am aware they would have needed to have issued & won a CCJ first before trying to get a charge on the property.

Bryan Carter is known to send claims to previous addresses to win CCJ's by default however if he's done that to gain a charging order to an addrees he clearly knows (from the B132) I'm sure that adds to the ammunition against him.

I'd check with the court for yours & your son's addresses for a CCJ

Morph

Thanks for the reply Morph

are they allowed to put a charge on a property if the ccj is against my son and not me and he has no claim on the property? There must me some recourse possible against them?

No i did not act as guarantor i have not seen my son for quite some time now. I wish I could sue these people or somehow do something to stop this happening to other people?

Hi

I would have thought that the Land Registry would have contacted you to notify you that a charge was about to be applied against your property. (you are given the opportunity to object - and it can only be applied if the person who owes the debt has an interest in the property).

Have you checked with the Land Registry to see if there is actually a charge against your property and who it is in favour of?

Morph is correct - there would have had to be some kind of CCJ too.

ftc