yet another TEC question...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, and thanks for running this invaluable site.

I suspect an answer to this may be "buried" somewhere so apologies if it is...

In a nutshell, common problem; moved house thus didn't receive PCN until bailiff stage (£700-odd pounds). Rang Westminster CC who said "oh yes, you just fill in statutory declaration out of time, pay original ticket, etc". So I filled in declaration, which was refused. Filled in the N244 form, sent off with cheque (which oddly was returned to me as it "wasn't needed"), then today I get

"Before Deputy District Judge Downton Without Hearing. It is ordered that the application for leave to file a Statutory Declaration out of time to be refused".

That is all it says. It does say that under Rule 23.10 I may apply to have it set aside, but from the look of 23.10 this wouldn't apply. Frankly I am sick of the matter, but I now have no idea what the situation is. What am I meant to pay? How would I even pay it?

You will find this page useful.

Traffic Enforcement Centre

This is the FAQ's

I filed my late Statutory Declaration and the Officer of the Court rejected it. How do I apply to have this decision reconsidered?

You may apply by completing an N244 'Application Notice' form stating that you wish to set aside the Officer of the Court's order. Upon receipt of your form, TEC will transfer the matter to the Respondent’s local county court and will be listed for a hearing.

Did you receive notice of the hearing?

I would suggest you ring TEC and see what they have to say on the matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the link. I have been on hold all day to the TEC, have emailed etc but no response as yet.

I got no notice of any other hearing, just this one sheet which says "Without hearing it is ordered that..."

I shall send it to the TEC quoting their own FAQ, so thanks again.

btw, I was so sick of this I rang both Westminster & Philips collection offering to pay; both refuse to even talk about the mattter, claiming it is all a matter for the other party...

N244s get dismissed out of hand. many councils have them processed by outsource providers where the contract stipulates that all N244s will be rejected. You then have to fight the N244 through to get it in front of a judge. part of the way they stack the deck to get the cash.