You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nChowder

nPower didn't stop electric account...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been dealing with this for a while now, but I'm getting to the end of my tether. . . . . it's getting more and more stressful and I just want it to stop.

* I lived in a flat with a few other people.

* I transferred all the bills into my name since I owed one of them some money (which was more or less what was owed to nPower so I said I'd pay the bills)

* We moved out later on and I phoned up to end the contract (Gas & Elec), set up a payment plan for each account

* Living in new home and everything is fine, paying the monthly amounts without a problem

* One month I get a bill stating I owe £307 on the electric account, pay within 10 days or bailiffs will come round etc

So here's what's happened, I've been paying off the amounts agreed when we set up a payment plan. The gas account was paid off. What's happened is that when closing the accounts, they've not closed the electric account . . . . so while new residents have been there, it's been going onto my bill . . . . but the first I hear of it is when I get a threatening letter!

I owe them exactly £120 (what's not been paid on the payment plan) and I have no problem paying what I owe, but will not pay a penny more.

What would you recommend? This has been going on since mid 2008 and I'm getting sick of having to deal with them.

First off, no bailiffs without a court order..so thats a non starter for now , it's a uselss threat.

When you terminated the Gas/Electric was it with the same company? Did you provide them with final meter readings on both? If it's outside of the normal billing cycle they'll have a record of that and then you can ask the question as to why would you have a given a meter reading mid-cycle and then point them to the Gas account final meter reading (presumably the same day?)

If they've terminated one but not the other then you should perhaps point that out, maybe they've overlooked it?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.