You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• considering it expires in Jan 2021 it looks like it has 2 insurances policies running on it at the same time, What a farce! each insurance company could blame one another this shouldn't be legal, but it looks like it is.
    • Just by way of an update, I am now being targeted on Twitter.   Today, two profiles have been set up and followed me, both were "here to call out Sue's sh*t".  Both have now been blocked.   I have clearly hit a raw nerve somehwhere 🤨
    • The OP could call Express to see if they will withdraw the claim if she restarts her claim and just pay the court issue fee.    Then everyone is a winner! 
    • Hi Stormy   I do wish you good luck but I'd urge you not to get over-optimistic about a letter from your GP having any bearing on the outcome of this.  I do not share London1971's view that such a letter will assist you in defending the claim against you - unless you are suggesting that the diagnosis is so bad that you aren't functioning - in which case you probably ought not to be working.  Is your GP going to say that you can't be held liable for a breach of contract, but that you're perfectly OK to continue working and to make significant decisions in other areas of your life?  I don't know.   Also, I'm uncertain where the question of bullying and harassment first surfaced in this thread.  You engaged them on a NWNF basis to pursue a claim for you.  Apparently they contacted (or attempted to contact) you a lot - certainly more than you felt necessary or were comfortable with, and you ended up deciding to discontinue the case.  But were they harassing you?  Again, I simply don't know because I wasn't there - only you were.  Most people complain that they don't have enough contact from their solicitors, not that they are being harassed by being contacted too often.  [EDIT:  I also think most people would associate "harassment" with behaviour that is in some way harmful or damaging to the recipient, and not with a situation where the alleged harasser is trying to act in the other person's interest and to their benefit].    And I'm not sure where the bullying comes from?  They're suing you because they think you are in breach of contract and that you owe them the costs and expenses they've already incurred - and that they cannot now recover from the other party because you decided to discontinue the case.  I'm no particular supporter of law firms but, unlike some people, I don't have "anti-lawyer" as a default setting.  If they've genuinely incurred costs acting on your behalf and in your interests, then I think they've got a more than fair case to recover those costs.  Threatening to sue you or actually suing you isn't necessarily bullying.   I honestly think your best chance of success is questioning the level and extent of costs and expenses they claim to have incurred and try to reach a mutually acceptable settlement.   As I've said before, I'm not intending to be critical of you in any way and I'm really sorry that all this (the original accident, hassle with the lawyers and now them suing you) seems to have contributed to all the stress you have to bear.  I'm really just interested in ensuring that you can see this problem from all points of view and that you don't place too much reliance on an approach that I think has only very limited chances of success.  (But of course - as London1971 has pointed out - there's no harm in getting a GP's letter anyway AND preparing a legal defence like BankFodder is suggesting AND preparing to think about settling.  They aren't all mutually exclusive and you should keep as many irons in the fire as you can.  Use belt and braces and don't just rely on one).   Anyway.  Good luck.  I'm frequently wrong and you may win outright!
    • I would go with the following....please feel free to amend or add.   WITNESS STATEMENT OF Baycloves.pdf  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
harrystottle

Natwest piling charges on again

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

I recently applied on my partner's behalf for bank charge refund under the hardship scheme. To my great surprise the bank (NastyWest) coughed up, but they did not pay the interest. Unfortunately my partner has now used the funds in the account and it has gone into unauthorised overdraft and now they are just piling charges on again.

I know it's a bit cheeky, (but it's a bank so it's fair game!) so could I argue that he is still owed interest on the charges they levied originally, and therefore the debt is technically still in dispute, and so they are not legally entitled to enforce the debt?

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to proceed

H

No use to this topic but I cant find out how to start a thread even though I have done so previously ! there is no start thread button help !!!

Hi All

I recently applied on my partner's behalf for bank charge refund under the hardship scheme. To my great surprise the bank (NastyWest) coughed up, but they did not pay the interest. Unfortunately my partner has now used the funds in the account and it has gone into unauthorised overdraft and now they are just piling charges on again.

I know it's a bit cheeky, (but it's a bank so it's fair game!) so could I argue that he is still owed interest on the charges they levied originally, and therefore the debt is technically still in dispute, and so they are not legally entitled to enforce the debt?

H

Was the charges refunded paid to the priority debt arrears or to reduce your debts?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi

The account was in arrears to start with so the payment basically cleared the overdraft, but they left the overdraft facility on the account and now the silly b*gger has gone and spent it!

But what they have taken in charges plus interest far exceeds what they paid out so I think they are possibly on shaky ground...

Cheers

H

Hi All

H

Yes!

there are some threads / stickies by BankFodder about how to caalculate the interest (if you haven't already done so), then claim in the same way as bank charges (plus you will be claiming back their latest charges!)

Hi

The account was in arrears to start with so the payment basically cleared the overdraft, but they left the overdraft facility on the account and now the silly b*gger has gone and spent it!

But what they have taken in charges plus interest far exceeds what they paid out so I think they are possibly on shaky ground...

Cheers

H

Not with FH they aren't cos I doubt they will pay out until the conclusion of the OFT test case.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Financial Hardship ;)

oh yes of course!!!! Well they won't pay out any more but I can argue that the debt is technically in dispute as it comprises charges and interest on those charges which are the subject of a legal process that calls into question their right to levy these charges.

oh yes of course!!!! Well they won't pay out any more but I can argue that the debt is technically in dispute as it comprises charges and interest on those charges which are the subject of a legal process that calls into question their right to levy these charges.

It doesn't stop them from their right to levy these charges since their charges have not been ruled on with regards to their fairness being assessed or the terms that are unfair.

but doesn't that also mean that they can't enforce payment?

bump!!!

I've got them ringing up trying to secure payment so I could really do with a bit of advice on this!!!

I think that they still owe quite a large amount of money in interest, so instead of my partner owing them, it should be the other way round!!!

I just need the legal position clarified if any one could let me know I would be grateful.

Cheers

H

Why not offer to pay £1.00 a month until the conclusion of the OFT test case issues which is when you can tell them you will make formal repayment plans ;)

If the banks' lose if will be them who will be making repayment plans to you, lol.

Cheers yb

If they issue a DN on the account (which they are threatening to do) what would our options be then?

Does it alter the CCA situation if it goes to a DCA?