You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for your replies - sorry I don't know how to reply to individuals.   I have just had it confirmed on the phone to me today that they reported missed payment to the CRA and the response was supposedly sent via mail which I never received hence them sending me the copy via email today.  That is the reason I thought I couldn't complain to FOS.  I do owe the money that is on the account and stupidly agreed to pay which I can't get out of now.
    • Hi ericsbrother,   Will certainly take pictures around the site and everywhere related to the area in a few days time.    A year ago, it was completely free and I have been coming down this place for years before Minster took over the land. I would even pick up the rubbish if there was any, due to wildlife and a swans nest nearby.   Probably irrelevant in my defence but last time I was there, the bins were overfilled and there was rubbish blowing around the car park so they're certainly not maintaining the place.    Kal
    • I wonder if this idea is really generally applicable. Although I don't have immediately to hand any examples of where statute must be invoked in order to confer rights, it is certainly possible to exclude rights by reference to them in a contract – and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 springs to mind where you can exclude the rights of a third party to bring an action on a contract by specific reference within the contract
    • This is not correct.    Insurers have had a statutory right under the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012 (Schedule 1,  paragraphs 7 and 8 ) to proportionately reduce a claim where there has been "careless misrepresentation" by the insured. As it's a statutory right it does not have to appear in the insurance policy (and if it did appear it wouldn't be in the 'average clause' - that's not what average in insurance means). Insurers might choose to reference their right in the policy but they don't have to.
    • so allow July's to go through then cancel the DD and pay your leaving bill by another method. It is not about agreement, I wuldnt stay with a company that behaved like that once, let alone every month. Leave and fairly soon you wont regret it as thy are going to go bust like most of the small outfits but sooner.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
fiogiff

robinson way passed CC debt back to lloyds?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent a cca to robinson way for a credit card debt origionally with lloyds, robinson way sent back my postal order and a letter sayinf=g the debt had been returned to lloyds, what does this mean?

It means that they are no longer collecting it and have passed it back to the original creditor who may a) give up, b) try to collect it themselves or c) most likely pass it out to another agency to try to collect it.

You should send the CCA letter and postal order to Lloyds now.

It probably means that there is no CCA which is why it has gone back to Lloyds who will no doubt sell it on to some other mug of a DCA foolish enough to buy it.

All you need to do is refer each DCA fool that comes along back to Lloyds as they have not produced a CCA and leave it at that each time.

It means that they are no longer collecting it and have passed it back to the original creditor who may a) give up, b) try to collect it themselves or c) most likely pass it out to another agency to try to collect it.

You should send the CCA letter and postal order to Lloyds now.

Agree with this 100%, hopefully Lloyds will state they cannot obtain a CCA and you'll have a nice bit of evidence to forward to each DCA that appears next.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

we do mean now

not another day but now

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

You could write to Lloyds and threaten the fires of hell if they sell the alleged debt on while in default of a cca request.