DSR and a company that distributes in the UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was going to purchase gymnastic rings from Elite Rings. I cancelled my order before they were shipped but they were shipped anyway. I refused delivery and am now awaiting a refund.

My question is it is a US company (as many are) with a distribution centre in the UK where all import taxes etc are paid before the items are sent to their UK customers.

Am I correct in assuming that because they are operating within the UK, paying taxes, using Royal Mail etc that they are a UK company for the purposes of the Distance Selling Regulations?

There was nothing much in the T&Cs. When I received the notification that they shipped the item (even though I asked them not to) on THAT email they said returns had to be made to the US. Very poor business practice I say.

Contacted consumer direct and they couldn't find much in the T&Cs either but they seem to think it would be treated as a US company and subject to US laws. Will see how we get on, it was bought with a credit card so that should help too.

Fwiw I was one of many who some years ago purchased from Dell, who when things went wrong with their computers, denied they were bound by UK laws when things went wrong. You'll be glad to hear that if they do business in the UK, have offices in the UK then they cannot escape their responsibilities to UK consumers in law.

If you need too, you can complain to the USA's United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings Better Business Bureau.

HTH