jimbo45

Restons just want houses - aren't interested in solutions

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

This whole process of Charging Orders and the possibility that you can actually LOSE a 250K house because of a relatively small amount of debt(3,000) on a CREDIT CARD which is supposed to be an UNSECURED debt is getting too much.

In the recent recession was unemployed and had the normal CCJ and CO as I couldn't keep up payments on a Marbles / HFC credit card.

Now I'm actually working again I can make payments but RESTONS (Warrington) just aren't interested. It seems they just want the house "for the hell of it".

Even the amounts I have paid them have NEVER been acknowledged -- no receoipts or anything so it's difficult in any case to keep track of what the current state of the account is.

I'm sure when and if I do get a final bill there will be HORRENDOUS extra charges etc added on so how is one supposed to even know what to pay.

Is there anyway I can get the whole thing delayed for a bit so I can get the whole thing paid off.

My reading is that Restons are a particularly NASTY VICIOUS bunch of people to tangle with so I'm not sure how to deal with this -- If I were to offer the court a reasonable percentage of the amount would this help.

I'm sure that a "Huge" collection charge has been applied as well.

Surely the courts aren't meant to allow people to lose their homes on really small amounts of debt or allow thuggy companies like Restons to grow fat on peoples misfortunes.

Surely in future Credit cards etc should carry a CLEAR warning that NO DEBT IS UNSECURED.

Thanks all

there are several threads on this situation and how to deal with it.

just type in restons in the search of the blue bar above.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks for the links

Even in the abysmal standard of DCA's and debt management procedures generally RESTONS do seem to be the lowest of low lifes -- and I suspect they really get a thrill out of harassing people.

I'm quite surprised somebody hasn't taken these **** apart on a Street Corner yet -- of course its illegal but so are a lot of their own practices.

However we'll have a go at them by LEGAL means.

Another irritant -- I sent them 6 post dated cheques paying a reasonable amount of money per month with a letter saying position to be reviewed at the end of June.

Of course NO recepts etc were given and at beginning of July got a threatening letter saying You've missed an instalment and unless payment is received etc etc they will go to court for the whole outstanding amount without warning -- and they added 15 GBP VAT charge to the account --what account as I never got any details etc etc.

It was quite clear on my original letter that I said position to be reviewed at the end of June -- carry on / pay more or less etc.

Even if you try and be up front and pay these **** you don't get ANYTHING back but Grief and Hassle.

Can I take the unusual step of either getting another DCA to take the debt of Restons hands or make a deal with the original Lender (HFC Bank).

Dealing with RESTONS is just too much of a pain anymore --just as I am going back to work again and will be in a position in a few months to clear everything this type of B/S comes back again.

Cheers

J

Hi Jimbo45

subbing to your thread and you have my every sympathey.in my case i am going into battle with them to the end!You will find lot of thread about Restons on this forum though they have had quite a few defeats when they have taken people to court:)They and MBNA have issued a court claim against me and i am at Aq stage with them now!so i wish you luck in your dealing with them.

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,