Airflights / Thomas Cook flight ticket refund needed - booked 3 days ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Booked 2 tickets on Thursday 23rd July at 21:03 at www.airflights.co.uk to go to Egypt in November.

The flights were the cheapest available at the time and I used airflights since they didn't charge a fee for debit cards.

The flights were £750 and I later discovered they are Thomas Cook flights.

I booked the flights and paid in full on my debit card and received email confirmation with a booking ref and the flight numbers but no e-tickets. The money has been taken from my card.

The booking conditions were available for me to read before confirming the purchase- the first line says:

Your booking once confirmed will be with a tour operator, airline and/or a service provider whose terms and conditions can be obtained by ringing Customer Services on 0871 222 0877. These are also available prior to purchase.

You have made your booking through Airflights Direct Limited (AFD) as agent/ticket provider. The Booking Conditions of AFD are set out below. Where the Booking Conditions of AFD differ from the Terms and Conditions of the tour operator, airline and/or the service provider, then those of AFD prevail.

- Full T&Cs here - Airflights.co.uk - Booking Conditions

The 0871 number listed closes at 8pm on Friday so it was not available to me prior to making the booking. I was therefore not aware from the details provided:

30-Oct-2009 30-Oct-2009 MANCHESTER - HURGHADA

0900 / 1640 (TCX608K)

Economy 06-Nov-2009 06-Nov-2009 HURGHADA - MANCHESTER

1800 / 2215 (TCX608L)

Economy

that the flight was through Thomas Cook and was 100% non-refundable.

I need to cancel this flight but have had limited opportunity to speak to anyone at airflights (phone only available on Sat 9am-3pm)

What are the chances of me being able to get a refund?

Is it likely that the booking won't have been passed to Thomas Cook for the flight and I can get a full refund (less an Airflights admin fee of £20)?

If I have to fight for this, I will so.... Could I argue that the full details of the flight were not advised to me prior to the booking since I was not told the airline, the non-refundability of the tickets or any other airline specific conditions?

I have travel insurance booked online immediately after booking flights.

Anyone any advice? I woiuldbe prepared to get a credit from Thomas Cook for another holiday for next year maybe?