style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been doing alot of reading on this forum over the past couple of days but am still unsure of where i stand regarding some matters.

Firstly i have Jacobs chasing my and my missus for a council tax debt.

Now we have a "Removal Of Goods" notice put through our door on the 7/7/09.

The ammount the council are chasing is £249.12 and the bailiffs are wanting £320.24

Also at the bottom of the notice it also states that we arent allowed to pay our debt directly to the council?

The bailiff in charge that has signed the document isnt on the website check as a certified bailiff either.

Plus also they have put in writing that they will charge £2.00 on debit card payments and 3% on credit card payments (which has been shown on a previous thread to be not allowed either).

The missus set up a payment plan with them for £20 a month, but they are saying its cancelled as she hasnt paid (which she has paid as we have bank statements to prove it).

So just curious as to where i can go with this and if the charges seem about right?

Cheers

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Magistrates bailiff fee from 1st april 06 debit card charge £1 and credit card charge 3% and i would send the bank statement (minus account number) to the bailiff as proof with a strong letter saying if they keep chasing you for a debt thay you are already paying you will have them for Harassment.

Sorry i meant with housing and council tax help, i do get DLA mobility higher rate.

Just because she works dosn't mean you cant get it, if her income is less than£12.500 then you should apply for both it is a mith that if you work you can't get it.

OK i would send that letter you must put Complaint at the top

say you are not refusing to pay this but as you are on DLA and higher rate mobilaty you know you are classed as Vulnerable by law and then give them the rest of your complaint and give them as much brown stuff as they give you.

along with the bank statement

The main problem we have found though, is all of the stuff from the bailiffs is in her name, so we dont quite know if my vulnerability comes into it at all, as they are coming in her sole name.