Charging Order on propery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone heard of these curcumstances. I will be going to court to contest a charging order on my home that I own with my wife. The un-secured loan I took out, was with my ex-wife before I met my current wife, the sum being less than £3000, yet the loan company concerned has asked for the charging order to be put on our home with no mention of chasing my ex. Bearing in mind the loan company ''mislaid'' the paperwork leaving this dorment for 9 years to finding the paperwork again. As the company cannot put an attachment of earnings or payment plan in place (due to 6 years lapsing) they are now using a charging order instead.

All of my research has shown up charging orders with peole that have taken out vast amounts of money and had security on the loans. In this reasearch there has been no mention of anyone having ex-partners or unsecured amounts.

Charging orders seem to have huge loop holes, with the loan companies using them as often as they can. If anyone has come across anything like this, I would be REALLY grateful for the info. :???:

Hello and Welcome, bertrum.

I'll move this thread to our Legal Issues Forum, have a look at this 'link'......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/203298-guide-charging-orders-orders.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Has anyone heard of these curcumstances. I will be going to court to contest a charging order on my home that I own with my wife. The un-secured loan I took out, was with my ex-wife before I met my current wife, the sum being less than £3000, yet the loan company concerned has asked for the charging order to be put on our home with no mention of chasing my ex.

Notwithstanding the possible statute barred issue, did you obtain a consent order (clean break) with/after your divorce?

If so, was the outstanding loan arrangement not part of it?

If you made no arrangements, creditors can still chase either party to a debt. Not only that but they could chase you for your ex's debts in the event of her going bankrupt or she could even make a claim on your pension or estate in the event of your death. It works both ways so if you haven't already got one, suggest you get a consent order organised asap - it's in both your interests & can be done at any time, even years after a divorce.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

A lot of good advice. thanks . No CCJs and my loan agreement was with Beneficial Bank who apparently sold the debt to TBI who, by the way, I didn't have an agreememt with. How does this agreememt stand now. Also found out more startling news, 16,000 to 96,000 odd charging orders have been made in one year. :???:

A Charging Order - just like an Attachment of Earnings Order - attaches on to a CCJ. It can only be obtained once a CCJ is in place for the debt.

You need to see if the debt can be proved to be statute barred, or if you can challenge the enforceability of the agreement or the default process. If you can do any of these then they cannot obtain a CCJ and so the threat of a CO falls away.

A lot of good advice. thanks . No CCJs and my loan agreement was with Beneficial Bank who apparently sold the debt to TBI who, by the way, I didn't have an agreememt with. How does this agreememt stand now.

Are you sure you have no CCJ?

Use this site to check it out: CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

If you are clear, you're in the clear (regardless of statute barred) as regards a CO. No CCJ, no CO.

When did you or your ex last acknowledge this debt - either by payment to the account or admittance?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.