Jump to content

Can you SAR a council benefits team?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Due to endless problems with benefits and the fact that we intend to claim compensation possibly through the small claims court, however in order to do this we need true copies of all correspondence and conversations where recorded in order to prove their incompetence which is still ongoing. See my entry in http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/210897-victory-over-theiving-council.html


Can we use a SAR to obtain all documentation relating to this unfortunate episode in our lives including all notes that they may have made regarding this issue to prove our case?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can SAR any company or public body that holds information on you.


Submit your request under the "Freedom of information act". There is guidance here from the Information Commisioner : Freedom of Information Act documentation - ICO

  • Haha 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...