Collesction visits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning everyone. Received this in the post yesterday. It is from the 2nd DCA to have this debt (the debt is for £195 by the way). Have written to ask for CCA, and got this card as a reply! Anybody seen one before, and do they actually visit?

th_scan0001.jpgth_scan0002.jpg

They want you to telephone them, this is designed to get you to do just that.

Also thier use of the word "calling" although you take it to mean coming to your house, it doesn't actuaqlly state that they will.

Disregard the letter and if someonee does actually turn up at your door (it is very rare but it does sometimes happen) tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, they have fewer legal rights than the ice cream man. if they become objectionable, call the police.

I would send them this

I refer to your threat to send an agent to my home. I have previously told you that all communication in this matter must be in writing.

It appears to me that your threats are an attempt to apply psychological pressure, which is a breach of the OFT Guidance on

Debt Collection. In addition, behaviour which creates an intimidating or hostile environment constitutes harassment.

Should you ignore the above, you should be aware that I will not speak to any caller, save to ask them to leave at once. If they fail to do so, the police will be called. Any call will also be reported to the appropriate enforcement authorities. You should further note that cctv is in use at this address with audio/visual recording and WILL be used as evidence in any complaint.

If you do not understand this letter, you should seek professional advice.

You can also contact the local trading standards as they are not supposed to use postcards to communicate to debtors as anyone can see that you can owe money and its a breach of the Data Protection Act.

As well as a flagrant breach of the OFT debt collection guidelines

acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

When will they ever learn!:mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!