Bank has added Statute barred debt to credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just when I thought that it was safe to go back into the water - I find that my bank has added a Default to my Credit File. Now the strange thing is that it is supposed to be for a loan taken out with them in 2002. I do not know anything about this loan. It has only appeared in the last month,

I have had no contact with them about this supposed debt- I did not bank with them in 2002 and the address that they linked the debt to I did live at but not in 2008! So can I sue them for deformation of character, libel and slander just for the hell of it?

Thanks all in advance.

First I would make a CCA request for an agreement and state clearly in the letter that you have no record of ever having have a loan with them. Find out if they have an agreement and whose name/signature is on it.

Either they will have no record of the agreement or it will have someone else's signature on it. Then you can threaten to sue them if they do not immediately remove the negative record.

Working to help set people free from debt.

Hi Debtdeception

Yes I was thinking along those lines but I shall have to call into the bank tommorrow to get the right address. Thing is the loan seems to have been taken out with their offshore finance division! (for high rollers?) methinks a bit of ID theft?

I would also complain to the CRA and advise them that as the information they have posted on your file is incorrect You are seeking legal advice regarding a claim for defamation. as they are obliged to prove that their information is correct and not just blindly accept that the creditor is telling them the truth.

Given that they have just had their ar@es well and truly spanked in court, I would reckon you'd grab their attention

I have just had a memory flashback! I just had a senior moment!

The loan was with Blackhorse, for a car. When I traded up, the loan was paid off. I cannot prove this as a lot has happened since 96/97. I think LLoyds got hold of it when they took over the prancing horse. Quite why their offshore division got hold of it I do not know. They have not been in touch with me over this at all at any address that I have lived at since then and I have banked with them (but not at that time) so they know where I Live - The credit file shows the default at an address I left two years ago.:confused: I feel a bemused letter coming on followed by a visit to my advisor at the disability centre that I use! Thanks for the advice one and all!

Deleted my misleading and confusing comments! BB tells BB how to use a computer!;)

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I was of the opinion that any new default must replace the old one -ie at the exact same date,not a new one for when they took it over.....so if it was a statute barred debt to begin with,the default would not show up on any search as it would be more than 6 years ago

Yes LTWFT you are quite right, It would appear my elbows cut and pasted the wrong piece of info:-x

As you say once a debt is SB, the dates cannot be changed to suit the sale of the debt and then placed back on your CRF for another 6 years then sold again and re-entered on the CRF as an adverse entry, as once it becomes SB the time limit for placing the adverse info on your CRF has run it's course.

I'm going to have to fine tune my elbows, and do another college course:p

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm sorry but the last people I would take advice from on this issue is NDL cos they are wrong, check with the OFT a debt OVER 6 years old cannot & should not be registered with a CRA We are told by the CRA that all adverse data is removed after 6 years. If these **** could do as NDL suggest then there would be no end to it.

I'm sorry but the last people I would take advice from on this issue is NDL cos they are wrong, check with the OFT a debt OVER 6 years old cannot & should not be registered with a CRA We are told by the CRA that all adverse data is removed after 6 years. If these **** could do as NDL suggest then there would be no end to it.

Yes you are right, the confusion was my inability to correctly cut and paste the right part of the advice i had been given by NDL, so I am very sorry if this has led to any confusion on SB debts.

Once a debt becomes SB it then remains SB whatever then transpires, and as it is SB it has passed it's 6 year 'use by' date and therefore cannot be placed upon your CRF as an adverse entry, regardless of how many times DCA's want to play pass the hot potato with it:D

Sorry if i have caused confusion:(

Edited by Bazooka Boo
Night school for me, to learn to type!

Yes you are right, the confusion was my inability to correctly cut and paste the right part of the advice i had been given by NDL, so I am very sorry if this has led to any confusion on SB debts.

Once a debt becomes SB it hen remains SB whatever then transpires, and as it is SB it has passed it's 6 year 'use by' date and therefore cannot be placed upon your CRF as an adverse entry, regardless of how many times DCA's want to play pass the hot potato with it:D

Sorry if i have caused confusion:(

That's OK just go & sit on the naughty step ........... getting us all worked up......again

That's OK just go & sit on the naughty step ........... getting us all worked up......again

I would if I had one, but it's been collected:p

Boo;)