Cleared so much, but cant keep it up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope i can get some advice please!

Almost 5 years ago I owed £15k on cards/loans etc (this wasnt the original amount - alot was charges etc, as I fell behind after a marriage split)

Anyway in these last 5 years I have reduced the debt by £11k and so I owe £4k now.

I am with Pay plan, and since I had my baby in March I have been paying £1/month to each of my 5 creditors, Pay plan have said that they have sent my new financial statements out etc, but I am still getting final demands, letters saying i have defaulted on the agreement, threats of court action, debts moving to new agencies (who know nothing of my agreement and chase for full amount) - door collectors etc.

I honestly cant pay any more right now as I am only getting my maternity pay.

It is stressing me out and I just dont know what to do, Pay plan dont seem to care anymore - even though I have kept my payments up for almost 5 years now. They just say thats the way it goes, but I dont understand why they don't tell these companies to leave me alone as I cant pay any more?

I have seriously considered making myself bankrupt just to avoid the hassle I get from these companies - so far they don't know my new address and phone number as I recently moved and my mum wont tell them where I am as she knows they shouldn't be coming round when I have agreed to pay what I can ....but it is bad that she gets this hassle.

I am unsure of what to do next, do I ignore what they send or carry on trying and failing to get pay plan to act on my behalf - I tried writing to the companies directly too and they appear to have ignored my letters.

Would it be easier to bankrupt, or is this way to serious a thing to do for £4k debt....I only own my car which is worth less than £400.

I cant ask my partner to help, I know he would if he could though - but he works for himself and I know he is struggling to pay all the bills and rent etc with me earning so little now, and the £160 a month we get in child benefit and tax credits is very much welcome, but doesn't really go anywhere near the gap my salary drop left.

Please help if you can as I just cant see anyway to make this better right now.

thanks

Lisa

Good morning ..urm legs eh!

firstly, you are doing the r ightthing by have a DMP in place all these years

2nd. you are not along.

3rd don't eorry too much about all these dca's chasing you there is little they can do. though i dont like the idea of callers, that can be dealt with later.

4th . no BK is a stupid idea . forget it for such a small figure.

it would be a good idea to p'haps list your debts here who has them how much, since when original creditor etc etc and then we will have a much better picture.

your first action might well be to fire off a CCA request to every single one, lets see who IS entitled to get money out of you.

the next thing to consider is reclaiming any charges or PPI that any of your debts might have. it is only bank A/c's that currently have a stay on reclaims [though it wont hurt to get 'in the queue].

good luck

and keep us informed

we are all in the same boat, or have already travelled the rapids, & can certainly tell ou one thing.

its always very much worse than it looks

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for your reply DX!!

I claimed charges back a couple of years ago I think it was ( i got them back just before the big investigation halted them all, was about £800 and I paid it off my debts)..so no more to come from that avenue unfortunately.

My creditors are, approx figures sorry as Payplan site appears down at the moment:

- mbna £1300

- egg (via Morrcroft Debt Recovery) £950

- northern rock (via Pennine Debt recovery) £1500

- barclay credit card £500

- littlewoods £150

those are dealt with by Payplan and get £1 each a month. I got all these debts after 2002 and began paying back 2004 - I never owed a penny til then (bad relationship and all that, silly me!)

I also recently got a debt from O2 as I was unable to pay my bill so they whacked me with the remaining contract so I owe them over £200 too now :(

thank you!

Edited by lisalegs11

thanks for your reply DX!!

I claimed charges back a couple of years ago I think it was ( i got them back just before the big investigation halted them all, was about £800 and I paid it off my debts)..so no more to come from that avenue unfortunately.

My creditors are, approx figures sorry as Payplan site appears down at the moment:

- mbna £1300

- egg (via Morrcroft Debt Recovery) £950

- northern rock (via Pennine Debt recovery) £1500

- barclay credit card £500

- littlewoods £150

those are dealt with by Payplan and get £1 each a month. I got all these debts after 2002 and began paying back 2005 - I never owed a penny til then (bad relationship and all that, silly me!)

I also recently got a debt from O2 as I was unable to pay my bill so they whacked me with the remaining contract so I owe them over £200 too now :(

thank you!

HI Lisa,

you say you have no charges to reclaim, I think you may be wrong.

You really have 2 choices

1) you send for a copy of your credit agreement with each company

2)you send for a SAR with each company

Going via number one costs £1 for each account, this will establish if whoever is chasing the debt has a valid credit agreement. If they do not have one, you can legally stop paying. The problem with this, is the company will continue to make your life as unpleasant as possible, selling the debt on over and over and harassing you as much as they can.

Route 2 will give you a complete breakdown on everything that the company has on you. Moorcroft are renowned for adding charges, Barclaycard won't send what you require from No.1 and Littlewoods won't have any paperwork at all. Unforunately to send the SAR costs £10 for each account.

If you need any more advise just shout.

JOgs