You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

kinkyklee

refused cummunity care grant .......

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

we just bin refused a ccg on the reasons that we are not high criteria....which i beleive is wrong as i explained in the application that what we wer applying for we was in great need off and it would relieve extreme pressure etc etc....

what should i do now can they look at it again....

not sure what they mean by criteria...abit mad as who is bloomin criteria then have you got to be dying...

might appeal....

Sorry to hear that Kinkylee.

Re the criteria, it depends on the following factors: what you applied for and what you stated your exceptional pressure to be, and how you felt the item(s) would ease that exceptional pressure.

In order for the review team to revise the decision in your favour, you would need to tell them why you feel their decision was wrong, what you felt they didn't take into consideration, backed up with evidence if possible.

For example, two people seeking the same thing - one can be refused, the other can recieve it.

Example one: A couple are seeking a CCG for a fridge. The claimant who is physically fit and healthy, states she is under exceptional pressure as she is forced to shop daily; she states she needs the fridge to keep food fresh. She is perfectly able to shop on a daily basis for fresh food and would not be considered a priority, as a daily trip to the shops is not considered to be "exceptional pressure" for a person who is fit and healthy.

A single person who happens to be an insulin dependant diabetic, seeking a CCG for a fridge would be considered a priority as his insulin would need to be stored in the fridge.

Example 2 A man has moved into a property with no carpet in his lounge. He feels he should be awarded the grant because he doesn't think it's "right" that he should walk on floorboards in the lounge. He is refused the grant as there is nothing to stop him wearing a pair of slippers in the lounge.

A woman has moved into a property with no carpets. She has a child who as the result of septacaemia as a baby is a double amputee, below the knee. The child mobilises in the home by "bottom shuffling". As a result of the way he mobilises, he has had several splinters in his behind. A carpet would alleviate the issue. The grant is awarded.

Example 3 A single man wants a community care grant as he has left his wife as the result of her having an affair. He has goods in the marital home but won't go and collect them, although he can. The grant is refused as the man has "other resource"

A woman has fled domestic violence and is living in a refuge. The last time she tried to escape with the help of her brother, her husband beat her brother so badly he required an operation to stop internal bleeding. Her husband is still in the marital home and on bail awaiting trial for the attack on her brother. She is given a council tenancy and applies for a CCG to furnish her new home. She is accepted for the grant as she cannot place her life at risk or the life of others at risk by attempting to collect the items that belong to her from the marital home.

Those are just a few of examples to show how priority can be decided upon. If you have any health issues, ask your health professionals for letters of support if the items you are asking for will assist with your health issues.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

oh thanks again yes i see what you wer saying above maybe i didnt write it very clearly..

i put two things..1st something like...help towards anew bed(better quiality than ours) as my oh has to sleep downstairs has his mobility is rapidly changing...i wouldnt have to check on him as much ..i could make sure he was at ease in his bed downstairs if i was upstairs.(he tends to sleep on the sofa which has left him in more pain)well i say sleep i dont think he does...and i certainly couldnt sleep on it.anyway thats like the 1st thing on the app..we got told to apply for a ccg.

think i will appeal but oh in hospital at mo so its up to him to let me know what he wants me to do and say...

i must say again your full of great advice you got me thinking you work or have done in the departments...ty

I did reply to your thread here when you asked if I worked for DWP: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/211302-appealing-against-budgeting-loan.html#post2317720

You have a month from the decision to ask for a review. Give as much detail as possible about your other half's condition and why it would ease things for him. If he has any physio or occupational therapy, it will help to have them write a letter of support too.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Example 3 A single man wants a community care grant as he has left his wife as the result of her having an affair. He has goods in the marital home but won't go and collect them, although he can. The grant is refused as the man has "other resource"

A woman has fled domestic violence and is living in a refuge. The last time she tried to escape with the help of her brother, her husband beat her brother so badly he required an operation to stop internal bleeding. Her husband is still in the marital home and on bail awaiting trial for the attack on her brother. She is given a council tenancy and applies for a CCG to furnish her new home. She is accepted for the grant as she cannot place her life at risk or the life of others at risk by attempting to collect the items that belong to her from the marital home.

Those are just a few of examples to show how priority can be decided upon. If you have any health issues, ask your health professionals for letters of support if the items you are asking for will assist with your health issues.

My partner is in a similar situation and has applied for a CCG as she is currently in a hostel. Her ex was abusive towards her and upon leaving him she had to surrender the tennancy. She was unable to collect her stuff due to him threatening violence towards her, and was left with just the clothes on her back so would she be eligiable for a grant now that she's moving in with me?

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Possibly.