Advice Needed!

Twigzee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I have posted this in the right place. I have had several telephone calls and some letters from Halifax Credit Card Services demanding that I pay the balance of over £4,000 on a Gold Halifax Visa Credit Card taken out in my name apparently around 5yrs ago!! I have explained that I have NEVER taken out a credit card with them, indeed I have never taken out a credit card from any bank. Halifax Bank have said they would investigate this as it sounded as if I was a victim of identity theft. I heard nothing for about 2yrs and assumed they had sorted this out. However, it has once again reared its ugly head and again have had phone calls and threatening letters from Collection Agencies. Again I have told them I did not take out a credit card with them and have given them details of past addresses etc as requested. All to no avail and I am still getting them harass me!

Incidentally I have had the same thing happen with O2 claiming I took out a contract phone with them and had to pay an outstanding debt!! Again I have explained to them that I have been an O2 customer for many years but only ever on a Pay As You Go customer!!

I am now at the end of my tether as I have done my best to answer all their questions etc, but as these debts were apparently run up some years ago I am unable to provide some information they ask for.

Is there anything I can do to make them stop hassling me over debts I had nothing to do with!

Obviously this has had an extremely adverse effect on my credit rating which wasn't fantastic (being a single parent & female) in the first place. I can no longer get credit of any sort due to this.

Any help gratefully received.

I would put something down in writing to Halifax asking that the investigate this complaint, to be honest, I would report it to the police since it is a clear fraud against you. With any letter to Halifax give the Crime Reference Number.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi yourbank,

I did write to Halifax Bank explaining all of this and also reported it to the Police where I was living at that time and sent Halifax the Crime number. I should have said in original post. As stated in my original thread I didn't hear anything more after that for about 2yrs nd it's only recently that they are once again hassling me for this.

As you can imagine it's extremely worrying and stressful trying to deal with a large Bank who just will not listen to what I'm saying. :(

I think you need to contact Halifax again and ask them why they are chasing this since you have already given them the Crime Reference Number and are distressed that they are chasing you.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf