You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

think i have made a mistake.

I am a newish landlord and my tenants have just completed their first 6 months in my first property and i have renewed the Assured shorthold tenancy contract with them for a further 12 months but I think I have done it wrong

I was advised by a friend that instead of writing out a whole new contract I should just get them to sign a supplemenmt agreement where I just change the tiem from 6 months to 12 months, the tenants and i have signed but i have since spoken to someone else and be told that because all the terms of the original haven't been changed i.e they can give me notice after 4 months does this mean that potentially they can give notice after 4 months as stipulated in their 6 month contract because I haven't changed the wording

can some one clarify please

sorry posted on wrong one

Edited by gillm1

that's ok

do i need to be clearer with what I have written?

Can anyone on here help me?

I think this is one for a solicitor if you have one, or a trip to the CAB (they tend to deal more with tenants queries, but they should be able to let you know if you've got it right or wrong. And what you need to do now...)

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

Say you have an agreement for a tenancy for a term of 12 months dated 7th May 2008 and it sets out the terms in detail and includes a right to break at the end of the sixth month. If on 7th May 2009 you enter into a new ageement which is a short document that says a new fixed term is agreed and the other terms are the same as the agreement dated 7th May 2008, then the right to break will be carried forward.