Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks for this update. Obviously I'm very pleased that your guitar has been delivered and that you don't have to take any further action about this. On the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed because I was hoping that this might be an opportunity to deliver a serious slap against Hermes. Anyway, who knows why it happened like this – but the most important thing is that the item has been delivered and you're not out of pocket – and also probably you have learned a good lesson – don't use Hermes – or Packlink. It's a recipe for trouble.  
    • The assets are allegedly linked to more than $4.5bn stolen from the Malaysian state investment fund. View the full article
    • I have debts of my own and will sort another advice separate for them as now I’m not working and a full time carer for wife & daughter I’m struggling to pay them so will want advice on letters to send them for reduced payments etc But for now I need to know what to do about PayPal as its really making me worry and is making me ill but ive got to try be strong and put on brave face for wife & daughter I dont want them picking up on something is wrong & worrying me
    • Help & Advice wanted on PayPal debt please I had someone staying with me for a while before they moved away and they had access to my PayPal account and was buying a few things and giving me the money no problem but then unknown to me until it was to late they had a gambling problem also and last off used my PayPal to fund online gambling . They ended up using £5,000 through PayPal and the first I knew was when I went to do some online banking and seen £1200 went out of my bank for PayPal so I looked straightaway and stopped / cancelled my bank letting PayPal take from my account . Then I logged on to PayPal and seen transactions 1 after another this going to total the £5,000 so I unlinked my bank & cards from PayPal account . Then nearly 2 weeks after I started getting emails and messages saying my account was in negative balance for £3,800 because they already had the £1200 . I’m in a bit of debt anyway and struggling so for this to happen left me feeling very ill to find they have spent thousands and left me without anything no money to live on or feed family even at the time as that £1200 that was took out of my account was all I had, I’m very annoyed and feeling very mad and very ill. Ive no idea how I can put this right as got no work no money because My wife got struck down with illness and disabled and I also have special needs daughter so I’m now a full time carer for both wife and daughter . I need to sort this but dont know how or best way to go about it. Ive had emails from PayPal and ive replied and explained plus went on live chat etc and asked for it to be logged and for them to please come to some payment agreement even though I cant afford it I know I got to put things right somehow but had no joy in chat and was just told pay into PayPal what I owe. So again I get emails and I reply but not getting any reply back to my emails . Ive not told my ill disabled wife about this right now as it would push her over the top and make her more ill thinking about it and its her Nephew to top things off so I know it would destroy her . Ive tried talking to someone with PayPal in live chat etc and emails as said asked if it can be logged showing ive been in touch regarding this matter and need to try sort it and also asked for them to contact me in writing so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement to put this right but so far its been about 31 days now since account been in negative and ive had no phone calls or letters from them yet So what can I do and whats best way to deal with this I’m trying to pursue the person for these funds as we speak but know I’m not going to get anywhere
    • The US House Speaker said the law was a "brutal, sweeping crackdown" against Hong Kong's people. View the full article
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Just about to default on my creditors - advice needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3982 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

this is my first post, having been directed to this forum by some friends.

My wife and I are contemplating bankruptcy but I would prefer to explore other options first.

I have been to CCCS and they calculated that based on our current income we would have just £23 a month left over after paying all priority debts, so they wouldn't consider a DMP.

Our unsecured debts are £63,000 and we were managing to pay everything up until the last 18 months or so. When we realized that things were going to get worse I started my own limited company in order to make some extra money in my spare time but that didn’t bring in much at all. I worked every evening and weekend for 18 months but at this late stage I just don’t have the money for the marketing. The company doesn’t take much to run (about £400 per year if I have no sales) and so I don’t want to lose it after all the hard work I have done. Instead I want to offer my services for free for a year and then charge a nominal fee of around £20 PA if the customers want to keep using the service. This would bring in some extra income 12 months down the line.

My wife no longer works, we have twin girls approaching 3 years old and the total household income is £2100. Our total outgoings are around £3400 (£2800 debts/utilities, £600 food/car/clothes). I am currently contracting but have been offered a full time position with the company on around £32000, which will bump up the income by about £200 a month.

I am currently reclaiming my PPI from First Plus, which should bring the payments down by another £90 a month.

With only about £250-£300 per month to play with, would the banks entertain me if I asked to make reduced payments and freeze interest?

I want to cancel all direct debits to them and write to offer reduced payments from September on a pro rata basis rather than go straight for BR because it will show that at least we tried to come to some arrangement with our creditors. I have also seen a few posts on here stating that if I didn’t sign a credit agreement, the debt is technically unenforceable. Is that correct? I can still afford to send in a Subject Access Request to each of the companies but rather than sending the maximum £10, is there a standard amount just for my original credit agreement?

One thing that concerns me is that last month I did a balance transfer from MBNA (charging more in interest than the minimum payment, so the balance on the card was INCREASING each month) to Barclaycard at a rate of 6.9% (MBNA wanted to raise it to 34%!!). I don’t think they will take kindly to me suddenly defaulting, especially as Barclays are the parent company of First Plus, who I am challenging for the PPI.

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is a letter that you can send to request a copy of your credit agreement.


it costs £1.00 for a copy.


we advise to send postal order and to write on the back what it is for, they are known to credit it to your account.


keep a copy of it, and get it recorded delivery.


once they receive the letter they have 12 working days to send the agreement to you, after that they are in dispute. They then have a calendar month to rectify it.


here it is:


Their name and address



Your name and address




Account Number: ********




Dear Sir/Madam


I do not acknowledge ANY alleged debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will communicate further on this matter.


1. You must supply me with a true and signed copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for rolling sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number *******


2. If this alleged debt has been sold to you (eg for a debt collection agency), please supply me with a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.


3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.


4. Non-compliance with my request will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.


5. As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.


6. Furthermore you are reminded that under s78 sub section (6) whilst the default continues you are not entitled to enforce the agreement in law.



Yours faithfully


[Your name]

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

try this one

it does not contain the bits about denying the debt:





please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank for those.


I have come nto a little money to keep making my payments fo the next couple of months but I would still want the original credit agreements to see which ones I can put to the back of the queue.


Do I have to mention all of these details when requesting my document:


Re:− Account/Reference Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.


I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).


I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.


If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.


I was hoping to write just the following:


Re:− Account/Reference Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have been looking through my accounts and don't seem able to find a copy of the credit agreement relating to this account.

In order to bring my records up to date could you please send me a copy which bears my signature?


I enclose a postal order (number XXXXXXXXXX) in the sum of £1.00, which I believe is the statutory fee.


Would that be okay, or do I need the full details and relevant sections of the Act(s)?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...