The paranormal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stare at them wondering why dont they announce this to the World?

Proves in one pic that either:

1) Neil Armstrong wasnt the first man on the Moon, humans went there a very, very long time ago and that we are not the first astro-techy civilisation.

or

2) the Moon is being or has in the distant past, been used by- someone else........

The doorway on Mars, if that is what it is, would seem to point to Mars being used or inhabited by someone a very very long time ago.

I could put loads of other pics up here, like the glass tunnels of Mars or more pics of Moon structures that would really blow your socks off.

Jesus where do i start Ive always been able to see spirits ever since i was a child

one of my first memory's is being able stand at the top of my mothers stairs and if i closed my eyes and concentrated hard i could get to the bottom of them without walking down them

i am a medium but haven't done it for about 12yrs because i transfigurate and my Friend who was always with me to help just in case anything happened to me does not live near me so i wont do it now

my Friend (who is also a medium) and i both read tarot cards and she was doing a reading for someone in my house i was out of the house when she was doing this when i came home she asked me to give this person a reading because she felt she had not done a very good reading

so i got my cards out (my Friend was not in the room when i was doing this) when i started to turn the cards this poor woman turned white when i asked her what was wrong she told me my cards were exactly the same cards as she had picked from my Friends cards i couldn't give her a good reading ether as i couldn't see anything in her future she was dead within 6 mths

Oh look, a random alien starship casually hiding in crater from Apollo 15 as it scans the lunar surface in 1970. They kept this quiet as well!

Nasa obviously didnt expect anyone to ever have access to computers that can zoom in on interesting things when these pics were published!

Go on try it.

Copy this pic, or copy from NASA Apollo Image Atlas

Nasa pic number AS15-P-9625 .

Then zoom in. Just to the right of that big circular crater you will find what I found...

9625.jpg

Edited by noomill060

How do you feel when acting as medium? Are you aware of the other person talking through you?

Do you have any messages for me from anyone?

(Not being disrespectful, It would really be amazing if you did.)

Edited by noomill060

I was interested in witchcraft in my teens. Found an old copy of "Witchcraft Today" by Gerald Gardner in a junkshop and read it in one night. Fascinating. Ive still got it. Always felt like that it was the book that found me.

Well, I say I've still got it. It has been in the loft for years and the mice have chewed up part of it to make a nest with.

(Hundreds of old books in the loft and that was the book they chose to chew!)

Edited by noomill060

when i was young i used to make my up my own spells

the first spell i ever done was a contact spell

i wanted to get in contact with an old boyfriend that i hadn't seen for years because he had moved away

believe me when i say i craped myself when i went into my mums about a week later and said you will never guess who has been on the phone looking for you

I've long had a fascination with this subject. In a local churchyard there is a tomb which is opened every year because the person who died had a fear of being buried alive, its called the Gibson Tomb and is in St Nicholas Churchyard in Sutton, they open it in August sometime.

I do believe in ghosts, and other things, have had too many experiences not to know there is 'another world'.

I also dabble in palm reading, not telling futures but I do 'pasts' and have had considerable success at this.

Whether or not you believe or not life still goes on and you have to take whatever path is open to you at the time. This year I've been on a different path and whilst it has been bumpy it is proving interesting and exciting.

If I got back in touch with any of my old girlfriends, I expect there would be a hex set upon me as in the closing scene from the Witches of Eastwick, ending up with me in a big wicker man with all my ex's singing "Summer is a-coming in" as the flame grew higher!

The Doorway on Mars hasn't come up in years..... I think it may have been Buzz Aldrin who saw it from the moon quite clearly.

I actually have the 1973 copy of the book on the Bermuda Triangle which is supposed to be the 'gateway' to Mars and beyond. If you are into Dr Who this is part of how the Tardis travels through time and space, remember the episode where they had Marie Antoinette... that was a brief explanation of the 'space time contiunum'.

I stare at them wondering why dont they announce this to the World?

Proves in one pic that either:

1) Neil Armstrong wasnt the first man on the Moon, humans went there a very, very long time ago and that we are not the first astro-techy civilisation.

or

2) the Moon is being or has in the distant past, been used by- someone else........

The doorway on Mars, if that is what it is, would seem to point to Mars being used or inhabited by someone a very very long time ago.

I could put loads of other pics up here, like the glass tunnels of Mars or more pics of Moon structures that would really blow your socks off.

Para.science are currently investigating a number of time anomalies that have occurred in Liverpool City Centre. We present here a number of anonymised reports concerning these anomalies. If you have had a similar experience, please get in touch and share your experiences.

Bold Street 1

Mr X used to work in Bold Street in Liverpool. He was walking one day, about 10 years ago, down Renshaw Street, then turned by Rapid into the lane that takes you across the railway line, and emerges by the Buro Bar.

Mr X had worked in Liverpool for a while, and knew the shops well, noticing the ones that closed down such as Collinsons, leaving empty shoe stands and hat stands still in the window.

Mr X carried on walking, he was going to meet his wife in town that Saturday afternoon, but as he walked onto Bold Street, he noticed that Collinsons appeared to have reopened as the window was full of shoes and hats as it had been a while previously. He also noted that Catchpoles appeared to be on the other side of the street, where it had been some years before prior to moving to a site across the street.

He turned to go down Bold Street, and noticed that all the cars appeared to be 10-15 years out of date, but all appeared new. He then noticed that all the shoppers seemed to be wearing unusual clothes, not dramatically old, but fashions from 10-15 years before. He assumed that there was some event on in the city that weekend. The street also seemed unusually quiet, there were sounds but they appeared quite muted.

Mr X carried on and met his wife outside the bank on Hanover Street. They went in and attended to their business, everything in the bank seemed normal, but when they emerged Mr X was surprised to notice that everything had returned to how he expected it to be - the empty shops were again empty , and Catchpoles was back to where it had been the previous week.

Mr X is unsure if the scene changed back to normal as he and his wife entered the bank, or as they emerged, but as the bank appeared normal we assume things changed back as he entered the bank. His wife, who had not been on Bold Street, had not noticed anything different that day.

Bold Street 2

Mr B had a lady friend who was very much a skeptic concerning matters of the paranormal. In the 80's she worked in Liverpool city centre, and if the weather was pleasant, she would sit outside and eat her lunchtime sandwiches.

particular day, being sunny and warm, she decided to sit on a bench which was situated diagonally opposite Waterstones book shop in Bold Street. As she sat down, she noticed that the sun did not seem as bright as it had been moments before, in fact looking back in later years she described the light as similar to when the area had a partial solar eclipse.

She also noticed that the street did not seem as busy as it had been, which struck her as unusual for the time of day, 12.30pm being the height of the lunch hour. She sat down next to a very smartly dressed man who was already sitting on the bench, and started to unwrap her sandwiches. The gentleman engaged her in conversation, and they chatted about inconsequential matters, as strangers do. As they chatted, the thought crossed her mind that although smart and very amiable, the man next to her appeared to be dressed in an out of date fashion, reminiscent of the fashions popular in the 1950's.

As they were chatting, the man asked her a question. As she replied, she leaned forward to put her sandwich wrapper in the waste paper bin to the side of the bench. She took her eyes off the man for a split second as she dropped the wrapper in the bin, but carried on replying to his question. On sitting up again, she was astonished to realise that the man had completely vanished. She immediately scanned the area for him, but he was nowhere in sight, and could not have run off in the split second that she had taken her eyes off him. At the same instant, the sun returned to its ordinary brightness, and the area was crowded with people once more.

Bold Street 3

Central Station in Liverpool has changed much over the years. Before its last major upgrade, trains used to come into the station and were shunted down to a dead end, then came back up the other side of the station. Passengers came out up a long stairway, then on turning left they emerged opposite Casey Street.

One day, Mr B was going down the stairway on his way to catch a train. This was in the 1960's, and it was 5 or 6 years since his grandmother had died. Mr B's grandmother was an unmistakable lady, she always dressed in old-fashioned clothes, more suited to the 1930's - however she was always smart, and very prim and proper.

As Mr B descended the packed stairway, he caught sight of his grandmother going the opposite way, leaving the station. He stared in amazement, and blinked a couple of times to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Sure enough, the lady was his grandmother - no-one else could be mistaken for her as she was so unique in dress and style.

He tried desperately to reach her, but the stairway was so packed with people he could not fight his way through. He saw his grandmother turn left at the top of the stairway, going towards the exit, and at the same moment a gap appeared in the crowd. Mr B instantly took the opportunity and ran through the crowd and round the corner. But his grandmother was nowhere to be seen. There was nowhere she could have gone in such a short time, even if she had started to run (and being in her 70's when she died, this was not something she would have been expected to do).

Bold Street 4

At the top of Casey Street are the remains of St Luke's church, which suffered major damage in the May Blitz of Liverpool during World War II.

One evening about 11 years ago, Mr C was in Liverpool city centre. It was December, and he had been to the Hi-Fi shop which was situated at the top of Bold Street.

He was now on his way to meet a friend for a drink before going home. The weather was cold, and the streets were icy. Mr C made his way to Casey Street, then turned down the side of the church.

As he passed the church he looked up, and was surprised to see that all the lights were on inside the church. He thought how unusual it was, as the church was derelict, not even having a roof. Occasionally there was a light shining in the porch, but nothing more. Mr C was amazed, but assumed that the church had been renovated since he had last been past it.

Shortly before Christmas, Mr C was again passing St Lukes. However, this time he noticed that the church was again in blackness, and was derelict and locked.

Later, Mr C read Tom Sleman's story of the church, and his "blood ran cold".

Bold Street 5

In the 1950's, Mrs P worked in Cripps in Bold Street (now Waterstones) as a window dresser. At the time, there was an equipment room in the basement of the store. The store employed a commissionaire, an older military gentleman, 6 feet tall and thin. He always proudly wore his wartime medals, and sported a walrus moustache. He had been at the relief of Khartoum, so was advanced in age at this time. Mrs P "hit it off" with the commissionaire and they became good friends.

One morning, Mrs P went into work to find her friend was not there. It transpired that he had been taken ill at home, and had been taken into hospital. Mrs P carried on work as normal, and went for lunch as she normally did. After lunch, she went down to the basement. She heard a cough from the top of the stairs and recognised it instantly as her friend's cough - he had a very distinctive cough, much as you would imagine an upright, military gentleman's cough to be. She was very pleased at the thought that her friend had obviously recovered and returned to work, so she ran up the stairs to where her friend used to hang his coat. She was very surprised to find nobody there.

Later on, she discovered that she had heard the cough at the exact moment that her friend had died in hospital.

Thingwall

Mrs S had recently moved to Thingwall. Her daughter was about 4 and a half, and she had taken a poorly turn. As it was a fine sunny day, Mrs S decided to take her for a walk in the pushchair, to give her some fresh air and also to have a look at the area which she did not know yet.

She went up Mill Lane, opposite the primary school. The lane she walked down was tarmaced, but the surface soon gave way to cobbles. As she walked along, she noticed a cottage on the right hand side, with an old chap leaning on the gate smoking a pipe. He wore a collarless shirt, and had his sleeves rolled up. Mrs P nodded to acknowledge him, and he nodded back.

After this cottage there was a row of whitewashed cottages with hanging baskets outside. On the left hand side of the lane, there was a circle of "country house" flowers - nasturtiums and other cottage flowers. To one side of the circle of flowers, there was a heap of sandstone. Behind this there was a row of cottages. Alongside these there was a stable block with an archway. Further on there were more cottages, some built of stone and some built of cheap looking brick. As Mrs P walked along, she saw a lady dressed "like Mary Ellen" with a high neck blouse, shawl, and black long skirt. She did not appear to notice Mrs P, as she was hurrying into her house. As Mrs P passed the house she could feel the warmth from the fire in the range inside.

At the end of the lane was a five bar gate, and a little girl was sitting on it. At the time, the program Little House on the Prairie was popular on the television, and Mrs P thought how the child was dressed in a similar fashion, as was popular with children at the time. However, Mrs P noticed that as well as a dress and pinafore, the child was wearing button boots. She thought this was odd, as modern children never went as far as wearing old-fashioned items like this. The little girl gave her a funny look, then jumped off the gate and ran into a cottage. Mrs P walked up to the 5 bar gate, behind which was a grassy slope leading to a meadow. She decided that as this was the end of the lane, she would turn round and take her daughter back home. As she walked back down the lane, the man leaning on his gate was still there, and they both acknowledged each other again with a nod.

Mrs P went home, and described to her mother how she had found the old part of Thingwall and how pretty it was.

A couple of months later, the opportunity arose for Mrs P to take her mother to see the cottages. However, when they arrived, the path was no longer cobbles, it was all tarmac and paving slabs. The cottage where the man had been leaning on the 5 bar gate was now boarded up and almost derelict. The stone cottages had gone, replaced by 2 semi-detached houses. The circle of flowers and the stable block had also vanished. At the end of the lane, the 5 bar gate no longer existed, and down the dip was now an estate of bungalows. Mrs P remarked that whilst houses were built quickly nowadays, there was no way the entire area could have changed so dramatically in just a few months.

About 8 years later, Mrs P was involved in a dispute about a footpath. Her solicitor suggested that she should obtain the 1830 tithe map of the area and check the footpath on that. After some difficulty, due to the lack of dwellings on the map, Mrs P located first Woodchurch church, and then Thingwall village. Mrs P was surprised to find that the buildings on the map exactly matched the buildings she had seen that day when taking her daughter for a walk. The pile of rubble she had noticed was actually the remains of Thingwall Mill that had been destroyed in a hurricane.

Edited by tawnyowl

now how is this for strange do you know before a medium tries to contact a spirit they meditate and say a prayer and ask for there DOOR KEEPER to only let good spirits pass through the door

Edited by hallowitch

I certainly believe in Doppelgangers (an exact double of oneself somewhere else on the planet). In fact, I feel really sorry for Brad Pitt when he's walking down the street and people are shouting "Alright SOD'EM, ye fat b*****d":D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I must admit SOD*EM,after a very strange night in the spirit world (in more ways than one)your post made me laugh.Due to the copious amounts of whisky drunk to ward off bad spirits i read Doorkeeper as Doorman on hallowitches post and decided to retire for the night as visions of a previous life came back.Only now as many coffees have revived me do i understand,A very strange night spent on a strange thread called Paranormal.

wolves2.jpg

4479941261a10600723673l%5B1%5D.jpg

1941874189a4841704691l.jpg

Spirit Guides

4982886624a7267219612l.gif

The term Spirit Guide generally makes reference to one or more entities who watch, teach, heal, and help you on your physical journey into spiritual awareness. They are above in higher frequency, while you experience the physical below.

Who are they?

A guide could be anybody, but often they have lived on earth many centuries ago. Because of the time spent in spirit, they have become highly developed in spiritual ways. They choose to remain close to the earth life, and act as a link and teacher. Many mediums will often tell of their guide as being a Red Indian or from some other exotic race. The reason is simply that Red Indians for example, lived a very spiritual existence, and also believed in their own psychic skills. Based on these backgrounds, they are ideally suited to spiritual work. But it is not always the case, the level of spirituality dictates if they able to take on the work, not the background. A guide could also be, as some mediums report, someone they knew in a previous life, or indeed a family member. Whoever the guide is, and from whatever background, the medium will have some form of affinity with them. It is this familiarity that bonds them and allows them to work closely together.

One guide for one medium?

For some, yes. But often a guide will be with a medium for a particular part of their life, or to teach certain things. It may also be that a medium has more than one guide, each assisting with various tasks that the medium performs. For example they may have guide that assists them with healing. For some mediums, they meet their guides very early on in their lives and that guide will stay with them until the end of their earth life. It could be that many people meet their guide in development circles, where they learn to know and trust them. Guides present themselves as people, and even have a sense of humour. They are also concerned with your personal growth not just your psychic ability, you don't have to be a medium to have a guide.

Guardians & spirit helpers

Mediums also have a guardian, this spirit person could be likened to a doorkeeper, he is their to protect the medium and generally keep things in order. He can be called upon to sort things out if the medium becomes overworked or confused. Unlike the guide, the guardian is not a teacher but rather an onlooker with the mediums interest in mind.

There are other spirit helpers who may be known or unknown, who will aid you at certain times although it may not always be obvious to you. But if you listen to your 'gut feeling' or recognise an idea or new thought, you may have been listening to your guide or helpers!

3336650116a4470024486b678380162l.jpg

The purpose of spirit guides

The guide acts a link between the medium and the world of spirit. He assists the medium to form a better contact with those who wish to communicate and aids less experienced communicators to get their message across. He will teach the medium how to attune to the spirit world and is both a friend and advisor. Another important role of the guide is in trance communication. Some guides have spoken through their medium, as in the case of Silver Birch. But the guide will also assist when another spirit person wishes to speak through the medium.

But a guide does not control or run the life of the medium, he / she retains their free will. A guide cannot force a medium to do what they don't want to and in no way dominates him / her. Nor can working with a guide free you from responsibility or making the wrong decisions in your life. But they will help where they can to lead the medium in the right direction, although ultimately the decision still lies with the medium themselves. A guide and medium will be in partnership, they both have the desire to be of service and let others know their loved ones have survived into a new world.

Do we all have a guide?

Wherever our life has led us, we all have a guide, although these may be referred to as Guardian Angels. These Angels will watch over us and try to steer us in the right direction. Perhaps you have had that `gut feeling` that made you do something or not do something, often that is your Guardian Angel lending a hand. It is still up to you to follow or reject those feelings. Many of us will go through life totally unaware of these spirit helpers, often only being to able to listen when tragedy strikes.

As our spirituality increases, for whatever reason, we tend to attract spirit helpers around us. We may be told by a medium who they are, often this is a general description. But it is when we begin to develop our own psychic skills that we truly become aware of our guides.

spiritguide.jpg

Try it for yourself..

I often get asked how people can get to know their own spirit guide, so here are a few suggestions that might help you.

Meditation

Begin with a prayer asking for protection and guidance. Then get yourself comfortable, if you prefer, set some gentle music playing in the background, aromatherapy candles can also help you relax, just be sure to choose those that calm and soothe not those that invigorate. Take some deep slow breaths, and calm your whole body, until you feel relaxed. Try to slow down, becoming so relaxed that your heartbeat seems to slow down, withdraw into yourself a little yet be aware. You can't always eliminate normal noises such as traffic or people, but each time you try they will recede further away.

1. Take time to make yourself comfortable, switch off the phone etc. ...

2. Take slow, gentle breaths through your nose concentrating on the out breath...

3. Feel the air going deep into your body, feel the stale negative air and feelings releasing.....

4. Breathe in, breathe out... Breathe in, breathe out...

5. Place your focus and attention only on your breathing...Feel your body begin to relax...With each breath you take in, feel all the tension sift away from your body, leaving you calm, relaxed and peaceful...Your thoughts drift in and out through your mind...Let them flow until your mind is calm...Mentally place a gold shimmering haze of energy around your whole body letting it expand each time you exhale. Let this keep you safe you from any negative thoughts and energy...

6. Gently let the though come in that you would like to contact your own personal guide. Create a place you can visualise in your mind, somewhere you find peaceful and know you are safe. Your guides can take on any shape. Think about how you feel your guide may look. In time they will take on their own form.

7. Have a list of questions you would to ask your guide or guides. The answers may take days to filter from your your higher self down to your physical being

8. .Remember to say your farewells and thank your spirit guides for spending time with you.

Once you have reached even a slight level of ability with this form of contact your natural ability to contact your guides will slowly improve.

Enjoy

Anne x

gestbook.gif

Visit My Guest Book

Edited by tawnyowl

The need – often a pathological one – for human beings to believe in the existence of something other than themselves and their immediate world has always interested me.

In most cases, belief systems are either amplified – or entirely created – by the simple conditions of Apophenia and Pareidolia, or the abilities of the human brain to see order and meaning in what is random or meaningless data. All human brains do this to one degree or another, and we are especially programmed to see faces in random data, but some people go on to use the illusion as a confirmation of whichever belief system they’ve created for themselves (be it seeing the face of Jesus in burnt toast, believing aliens created crop circles, or seeing doorways on Mars). This is obviously as groundless as the belief system itself, but what interests me is why the individual, or group, feels the need to believe it in the first place.

This is of course a form of psychological crutch; a way of identifying both with the world around you and with other human beings, and the need for identity is one of the core psychological drives in all human beings, regardless of whether this is the identity of group or the identity of self (or both). Once you have the certainty (albeit a rather shaky one) of identity of self, you can begin to assign structure to the stimuli around you. The problem here, obviously, is that you’re viewing the world through the polluted influence of your own lens.

There is also the question of ignorance when it comes to a belief in the paranormal. A stark, and rather crass to my mind, example of this is when Clarke wrote “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” The inference, much like Clarke’s writing, is crude, but the point is there; ignorance of technology will invariably lead to the creation of groundless belief systems as a way to explain, quantify and label, the inexplicable. The same goes for ignorance of natural phenomena (as in early belief systems being created around the passing of the days, earthquakes, storms, and so on), just as it does for ignorance of psychological phenomena (back to Apophenia and Pareidolia, as quick examples).

So we have three very potent factors at work: a desire to create order from chaos, an overwhelming compulsion to seek identity, and an ignorance of the world outside (and often inside) the human brain, leading to a perception of realities that don’t exist.

Given these, it’s not in the least surprising that human beings have created complex belief systems, be they mainstream religion, or belief in the paranormal, as a coping mechanism for the world they occupy.

Whats the bet this thread gets active again when darkness closes in and shadows get longer and noises are heard coming from strange places in the darkness.Something like that,The spirits are waiting ,so is my glass.:D

I am very interested in the subject of the paranormal. I have for many years visited "haunted" locations, studied the psychology involved and observed human behaviour. I think that after many hours I can safely conclude that there are no such things as ghosts but rather a pathological human need to try to invent so called paranormal explanations where there are far more mundane reasons

I do not have a closed mind as I have been accused of in the past on the contrary I have an open mind. I have found that it is the so-called mediums (who I hold in utter contempt) that have the most closed minds I have come across.

I have found that it is the so-called mediums (who I hold in utter contempt) that have the most closed minds I have come across.

Care to expand on why you hold them in "utter contempt"? Your choice of words seems a little strong to simply be a passing dismissal of the belief systems of mediums.

Care to expand on why you hold them in "utter contempt"? Your choice of words seems a little strong to simply be a passing dismissal of the belief systems of mediums.

Because the majority of the ones that I have come across exploit people who may still be greiving for loved ones . For that reason alone.