The paranormal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if there are others on here who are interested in this subject?

I read alot about this & im fascinated by things like ghosts,timeslips,UFO's, dopplegangers etc...anything & everything that comes under the cloak of the paranormal basically.

Of course there are those who will think its all a load of nonsense, but im just one of those who keeps an open mind & is merely fascinated by it all :eek:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im just one of those who keeps an open mind

Hmm... keeping an open mind eh?

However I believe their probably are aliens. I don't know how advanced, but considering the vastness of the universe saying their is only life on 1 planet seems highly unlikely

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

omg I've lost count of the times I've trawled you tube looking at various ghostly pictures/vids, ufo's et al, sniffing derisively. Hmmm, what rubbish.

Then spent hours in bed, eyes wide, jumping and starting like a lunatic at every noise and shadow.

In daylight? No such thing!

Night-time? Every ghost in britain resides in my hallway.

It would be very selfish & arrogant of humans to assume that we are the only planet in the whole of space with life on it....

Recent theories have suggested that UFO's may simply be machines from Earth's future that are travelling back to this point in time for whatever reasons?

It is a possibility though....i mean for example, if i choose the year 20009 (twenty thousand & nine), how would we know here in 2009 what will be around then & what that point in the future will be capable of? :eek:

Even 40009 or 60009 & so on......its a mind boggling thought that we here in 2009 could never get our head around.

You think we'll make 20009? I think we have too much violence in our genes and we're getting smarter, more efficient ways of killing each other. sometimes I wonder if we'll reach 2109.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I still think that the Earth and humans will be here in years such as 20009 & beyond.

Technology will be so far beyond what we can ever comprehend now.

Its the same example with people who were around back in the year 0009 for example, how would they have ever envisaged what 2009 would be like & what we take for granted in the here & now?

Well its the same comparison with us now & the year 20009 etc...

Another thought- an educated city living Roman or Greek transported from 9 AD to now after he got over the culture shock and the generally much noisier world we live in now, would find it a far more familiar place than for some hairy arsed Saxon from a thousand years later.

Money

cities

international commerce and travel

common currency (with the Brits opposing any further union with a distant but growing powerful European elite)

centralised European government growing in power

education

ongoing war in the middle east involving religious nutters

roads

aquaducts

viaducts

organised military

judicial and legal system

etc

Edited by noomill060
what have the Romans ever done for us?

Dopplegangers how new to me,and fascinating-Do you have an exact double somewhere in the world? Can a person be in two places at once? There are many intriguing accounts throughout history of people who claim to have either encountered apparitions of themselves - their doppelgangers - or have experienced the phenomenon of bilocation, being in two separate locations at the very same time.

"Doppelganger" is German for "double walker" - a shadow self that is thought to accompany every person. Traditionally, it is said that only the owner of the doppelganger can see this phantom self, and that it can be a harbinger of death. Occasionally, however, a doppelganger can be seen by a person's friends or family, resulting in quite a bit of confusion.

In instances of bilocation, a person can either spontaneously or willingly project his or her double, known as a "wraith," to a remote location. This double is indistinguishable from the real person and can interact with others just as the real person would.

Emilie Sagée

One of the most fascinating reports of a doppelganger comes from American writer Robert Dale Owen who was told the story by Julie von Güldenstubbe, the second daughter of the Baron von Güldenstubbe. In 1845, when von Güldenstubbe was 13, she attended Pensionat von Neuwelcke, an exclusive girl's school near Wolmar in what is now Latvia. One of her teachers was a 32-year-old French woman named Emilie Sagée. And although the school's administration was quite pleased with Sagée's performance, she soon became the object of rumor and odd speculation. Sagée, it seemed, had a double that would appear and disappear in full view of the students.

In the middle of class one day, while Sagée was writing on the blackboard, her exact double appeared beside her. The doppelganger precisely copied the teacher's every move as she wrote, except that it did not hold any chalk. The event was witnessed by 13 students in the classroom. A similar incident was reported at dinner one evening when Sagée's doppelganger was seen standing behind her, mimicking the movements of her eating, although it held no utensils.

The doppelganger did not always echo her movements, however. On several occasions, Sagée would be seen in one part of the school when it was known that she was in another at that time. The most astonishing instance of this took place in full view of the entire student body of 42 students on a summer day in 1846. The girls were all assembled in the school hall for their sewing and embroidery lessons. As they sat at the long tables working, they could clearly see Sagée in the school's garden gathering flowers. Another teacher was supervising the children. When this teacher left the room to talk to the headmistress, Sagée's doppelganger appeared in her chair - while the real Sagée could still be seen in the garden. The students noted that Sagée's movements in the garden looked tired while the doppelganger sat motionless. Two brave girls approached the phantom and tried to touch it, but felt an odd resistance in the air surrounding it. One girl actually stepped between the teacher's chair and the table, passing right through the apparition, which remained motionless. It then slowly vanished.

Sagée claimed never to have seen the doppelganger herself, but said that whenever it was said to appear, she felt drained and fatigued. Her physical color even seemed to pale at those times.

Famous Doppelgangers

There have been many cases of doppelgangers appearing to well-known figures:

• Guy de Maupassant, the French novelist and short story writer, claimed to have been haunted by his doppelganger near the end of his life. On one occasion, he said, this double entered his room, took a seat opposite him and began to dictate what de Maupassant was writing. He wrote about this experience in his short story "Lui."
  • John Donne, the 16th century English poet whose work often touched on the metaphysical, was visited by a doppelganger while he was in Paris - not his, but his wife's. She appeared to him holding a newborn baby. Donne's wife was pregnant at the time, but the apparition was a portent of great sadness. At the same moment that the doppelganger appeared, his wife had given birth to a stillborn child.
  • Percy Bysshe Shelley, still considered one of the greatest poets of the English language, encountered his doppelganger in Italy. The phantom silently pointed toward the Mediterranean Sea. Not long after, and shortly before his 30th birthday in 1822, Shelley died in a sailing accident - drowned in the Mediterranean Sea.
  • Queen Elizabeth I of England was shocked to see her doppelganger laid out on her bed. The queen died shortly thereafter.
  • In a case that suggests that doppelgangers might have something to do with time or dimensional shifts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the 18th century German poet, confronted his doppelganger while riding on the road to Drusenheim. Riding toward him was his exact double, but wearing a gray suit trimmed in gold. Eight years later, von Goethe was again traveling on the same road, but in the opposite direction. He then realized he was wearing the very gray suit trimmed in gold that he had seen on his double eight years earlier! Had von Goethe seen his future self.

Edited by tawnyowl

The Doppleganger theory is very bizzare indeed.

In a nutshell...there is another 1 of you/me walking around somewhere & we are likely to spot or bump into this other you/me in times of great anguish or if something bad is about to happen etc...:eek:

Timeslips is also a fascinating area of furthur study as well.

There have been many instances of people who have been walking along somwhere & have suddenly found themselves transported back to a by-gone era :eek:

Edited by mr.ton

It would be very selfish & arrogant of humans to assume that we are the only planet in the whole of space with life on it....

Recent theories have suggested that UFO's may simply be machines from Earth's future that are travelling back to this point in time for whatever reasons?

It is a possibility though....i mean for example, if i choose the year 20009 (twenty thousand & nine), how would we know here in 2009 what will be around then & what that point in the future will be capable of? :eek:

Even 40009 or 60009 & so on......its a mind boggling thought that we here in 2009 could never get our head around.

What a interesting thought,

Timeslips is also a fascinating area of furthur study as well.

There have been many instances of people who have walking along somwhere & have suddenly found themselves transported back to a by-gone era :eek:

Think i will look into this,first time ive heard anything like it.:eek:

Its all stuff that hasnt been proven 1 way or the other i suppose....but thousands/millions of people in the word have reported things like ghosts,seeing UFO's,seeing dopplegangers or having timeslips etc... - can they all be wrong?

Loads of people think its nonsense or think those people are simply cranks...that could be true, im not dissmissing that theory lol.

But you do have to have an open mind on these things & not just jump to a conclusion 1 way or the other.

Its all stuff that hasnt been proven 1 way or the other i suppose....but thousands/millions of people in the word have reported things like ghosts,seeing UFO's,seeing dopplegangers or having timeslips etc... - can they all be wrong?

Loads of people think its nonsense or think those people are simply cranks...that could be true, im not dissmissing that theory lol.

But you do have to have an open mind on these things & not just jump to a conclusion 1 way or the other.

Suppose its hard to open your mind,but is possible,im sure the brain has the capability.hard for people to take the time to do this i suppose,

The first report of Jack was from a businessman returning home late one night from work, who told of being suddenly shocked as a mysterious figure jumped with ease over the high railings of a cemetery, landing right in his path. No attack was reported, but the submitted description was disturbing: a muscular man with devilish features including large and pointed ears and nose, and protruding, glowing eyes. Sounds like a collector i met one day many months ago.

Edited by tawnyowl

Not exactly paranormal because it clearly exists, but here a false colored NASA pic from one of the recent orbiting photo survey probes to Mars.

Look- a very big doorway in the side of a hill!

Its not a photographic anomaly, if you look closely you can see a little way inside and there is clearly a shadow cast in the direction one would expect.

mars_doorway.jpg

More disconcerting space pix-

These are from the Clemantine mission which digitally scanned the entire surface of our dear old familiar Moon.

Just look at what they obviously fuzzed out with Photoshop! Those towers stand 15 miles above the surface

Presumably we didnt put them there, nor did we build any of the other structures they have smudged, so who did.......?

4-067-3towers-left-closer.jpg

1-067-2towers-standard.jpg