Paragon & Morecroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have started the ball rolling with Rockwell and I also want to start things off with one of these two. Debt is very old, long story etc.

What has shocked me into action with these was Paragon. I received a letter recently and from what I can remember being a loan for a few thousand pounds seems to have turned into £16k :eek:

While they are not giving me any hassle I just want to check where I start

Do I start like I have with Rockwell and send them Letter N from the Library??

I have very little/no info on either of them so before I request anything I just want to check I am starting with the correct letter

Many thanks

send them the statute bared letter and report there sorry asses if they do not stop chasing the debt. Incidently they may try to say it is not sb because they have been sending you letters this is cr*p.

if you have made any payment in the last 6 years then yes send letter N

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Knowing Paragon, they probably have dug up an old calculation based on 'the rule of 75 (or it might be 76), it has been outlawed by the OFT and they should only use a three month interest 'penalty' at best.

I would also suspect they are clutching at straws and have discovered the debt is just short of being statute barred.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I have had my response back from Paragon.

It was a covering letter plus this single page which I have scanned in and removed mine & my x-wife's signature, my name and address plus the reference number .

Could you please offer some advice/help on where I stand on weather this is enforceable or not.. my last letter form them stated that I owed approx £16,000 form a £5000 loan

Many thanks in advance

Thanks come out a little small. here is a link

Edited by Epicurus

sorry its too small and way to large on zomm

can you upload it to photobucket or tinypic and re potit

ida

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

when did you last make a payment towards this?

where did you sign this agreement? at home or in their offices?

ida x

• 2 weeks later...

It might be worth going to see the CAB. I had a similar problem with Paragon but I had a CCJ with them which put me in a different situation. The CAB helped me write to them and they ended up writing of £10K extra interest. I only paid them the CCJ balance. The CAB may have had other people in your situation and will know what you need to say to them. Personally, I would tell them that they are not getting another penny out of me and to take me to court as I'm pretty confident they will not want that amount of interest to go in front of a judge but I understand if people do not want to take that risk.

Thanks for your reply. I had a letter from them today asking me to contact them (they dont have my phone number) as they would like to make an offer.

Should I write to them back asking what this offer is? also I wanted to ask them for all payments made to this account so I can get an idea of how much I have paid to them.

Thanks

I would never call them. They are asking you to contact them so they can get your number and hound you. You're right to suggest writing back to them rather than calling. Personally I would write back and advise that you believe you have paid enough to more than cover the original loan (assuming you believe that you have over paid on this as they have not yet sent you any details of total payments) and to now get stuffed. As I said before, I'm pretty confident that they will not want this to go in front of a judge. They hound people until they make an offer and once they know that someone is fighting back they don't like it. I paid my judgement balance and thought that would be the end of it. They hounded me with phone calls and letters which I have no doubt they used to add another £20 or so to my balance each time. I wrote an official complaint to them regarding their lack of a legal basis to chase the further interest and lack of transparancy regarding the increasing balance (they never ever sent statements or advised me of the outstanding balance until I requested it). Basically, given the monthly amount I was paying was less than the interest being added each month, I would never have paid the debt. It might be worth going down the official complaint route pointing that out.

Edited by Dial Square

Just anothr thing. You mention that they have sent you a signed agreement (can't open it at work). I'm slightly suspicious as to why they want you to make an offer if this is a genuine agreement that could be used in court. They usually ask for offers if they believe they haven't got a leg to stand on. Don't want to suggest you do anything that could cause this to go to court and them win but as I said it's a bit suspicious. Was the original loan with Universal Credit by chance? If so, have you read the attached:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/204549-paragon-home-visit.html

It mentions that Universal Credit agreements are basically unenforceable. This CAGGER also had the interest written off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Sorry for taking a while to come back on this. Yes this is a Universal Loan Agreement which is now in the hands of Paragon

I have just read that link to that other thread you posted. In some ways I am glad I am not the only one, but appalled that they are allowed to get away with this.

So just to recap on where I am at the moment

I sent them the letter asking for a copy of my loan agreement which they sent me which was a one sided photo copy and there is a link a few posts back. Other than a covering letter nothing else was provided. It does have my signature and my x-wife's signature too. Where do I stand with regards to this copy of the agreement. Does it look above board etc???

If thats the case and it looks all correct, is there anything I can do about the ridicules about of interest they are charging each month (£57pm)

They have asked me to ring they (yeah right) as they want to discuss a settlement figure.

I have written to them asking the following.

All payments make to this loan form day 1. This is so that I can work out approx what I have paid to them

Also that I only want to communicate via letter so that I can have a complete record of everything that goes on

Any help and advice on where I am now would be great

Sorry if this is going over what has already been posted

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

ok paragon probarbly wont have the info you need.

i would send UCL a sar. you need to include £10 po but this will get you all your transactions and copy of your default notice and termination notice and t and c's

UNIVERSAL CREDIT LIMITED

ST CATHERINE'S COURT

HERBERT ROAD

SOLIHULL

WEST MIDLANDS

UNITED KINGDOM

B91 3QE

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. Back on post 10 I posted a pick of what they sent me which was a 1 page photocopy of what I and my x-wife signed which was a universal credit agreement. but that's all they have sent me. Nothing on the back and no other documentation. I am also concerned that the £5k loan is now £16K