Welcome Car Finance: Unsigned credit agreement.

emmilou1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey all, another update,

still waiting for a statement of price from welcome....

Emailed Norwich Union to see if they hold any insurance policies in my name as direct group just sent me the wording and no policy details etc.

Norwich Union have emailed back saying they have no record of me at all and have requested a Originators Identification Number. Any know what that is?

So..am I barking up the wrong tree here? Surely Norwich Union would have details of me seeing as the policies are underwritten by them? What does underwritten actually mean? (yes, i'm a bit thick, lol).

Can anyone pn here who still has their documentation regarding mechanical breaksown cover and shortfall extra insurance please tell me who the insurance policies are with?

I've been advised by Welcome that the reason direct group and norwich union don't have any record of these policies in my name is because 'someone else deals with them'.

Advice??

Scarlett, he said they didn't know...lol! They are soooo good at their jobs aren't they! :p

i'm pretty sure there are no insurance policies.

could any-one tell me what exactly a statement of price involves as this is what i'm waiting for now and any more clarification on who the other insurances are held with Thankyou very muchly

Update: Welcome called today to say that my complaint (mis-sold insurances) has been processed and a reply was sent to me which I should recieve tomorrow :) at long last!

80% sure they are just gonna deny it was mis-sold but at least then I can go with the fos and get it sorted once and for all.

Fingers crossed!

Oh, by the way they still haven't sent me statement of price as requested or details of who my mechanical breakdown and shortfall extra is with. Gonna draft complaint letter number 2 after I recieve their response tomorrow.

How's everyone else getting on with their PPI claims? Any good news?

ok got the reply.... it's basically saying they can't consider my complaint as I haven't given them enough info.

They want me to fill out a questionaire form before they'll even consider it.

So.... just a couple questions for you guys, please do give your opinions:

1- There's a space for a signature on there.... don't want to sign it for obvious reasons so is it ok just to print the name?

2- They are asking for details about job at the time of taking out the insurances... surely they already have this info...why do they want it again.

3-Has anyone recieved one of these questionaires? If so did you fill it out and did it affect your claim in any way?

Many thanks in advance.

Can anyone pn here who still has their documentation regarding mechanical breaksown cover and shortfall extra insurance please tell me who the insurance policies are with?

I've been advised by Welcome that the reason direct group and norwich union don't have any record of these policies in my name is because 'someone else deals with them'.

Advice??

Hi

Mechanical Breakdown says: The insurance has been arranged by WFS who act as your agent and accept responsibility for the advice provided and for the arranging of this insurance. WFS is a division of Progressive Financial Services Ltd. Policy will become effective when payment has been received by Direct Warranty Administration. This is an agreement made between policyholder and Norwich Union Insurance Ltd (the insurer). Direct Warranty Administration, a division of Direct Group Ltd, acts as administrator for the Insurer.

Shortfall says: These are the terms of policy no xxx arranged by WFS, who acts as your agent and accept responsibility for the advice provided and for the arranging of this insurance. WFS is a division of PFS. The policy will be administered by Direct Group Ltd, on behalf of the insurer which has its head office at Direct House, and is underwritten by Norwich Union Insurance Ltd.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info I have my policy schedule.

your welcome :)

I have shortfall insurance and mechanical breakdown - neither of which i wanted but got told i couldnt have the car without it. In fact on my original cca I have not ticked the box requesting them, but on the copy they sent me in the sar the boxes have been ticked. Might try and claim mine back now. How do i go about it?

Same as me regarding the ticked boxes.

Well I sent off a complaint letter. I used a template and adjusted it so it was relevent to all the insurances I wanted it to cover. They then have 8 weeks to resolve your complaint. If they don't resolve it within the 8 weeks ( or if they just tell you no we're not refunding you) then you can escalate the complaint to the FOS.

They have until the beginning of October to give me a decision. I'm not expecting the result I want so i'm preparing all the bits and pieces for the FOS just in case.

Remember to send your complaint recorded delivery and keep the tracking number. Heres a template letter if you need one, just change the details that don't apply to you:

GOOD LUCK!!!!