You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Employer also keeps trying to change the contract and terms of employment. Although not expressly written in the previous contract, medical cover has now been taken away and not replaced with anything, not even an appropriate pay rise to seek other medical cover.

Additionally, they want everyone to work an additional week effectively by increasing the working hours by an additional 15 minutes at the end of the day for no additional pay.

What are my options?

1) Discuss politely and request extra payment?

2) Sign under protest?

3) Put up with it.

4) Resign?

I understand I have very little room for movement.

Bob

To stick with the contract you signed. He can hold you to it and you can hold him to it.

The only way to get it changed is by mutual agreement.

I would imagine its how important the job is to me. I understand that they could just terminate the contract if there is no agreement and he can always then re-issue.

Yes they can dismiss you if you chose not to accept the change but they run the risk of an unfair dismissal claim and it would then be for the court to decide.

Your different scenario's are correct you can work on under protest but as said they could dismiss you. It really does come down to whether you are willing to accept the chnages and do that bit extra (be worse off) or have no job and a potential claim for unfair dismissal. How easy would it be to get another job quickly if you are not happy with the changes?

It sounds like another employer is taking advantage of the times and has heard how other companies, Honda, British airways, to name just two, so has decided to have a go at it himself.

Only you will know if there is a downturn in business and they are justified in cutting your pay.

have you canvassed your colleages if they are of the same opinion. Collectively you may be better and coming to some arrangement for a little extra in pay for the loss of benefits and the extra hours?

They could mmake you redundant if you do not accept? but after you may have a case for a tribunal hearing if they did.

Try ACAS they should help on the legalities you get a quick response tel 08457474747

They could not make him redundant if he doesnt accept as the position is still their, it is not a redundant position, they could only dimiss him.

Employer has provided a new "electronic" contract to save paper. PDF Document basically. Same document sent to all employees. No cover sheet with specifics of name or job title.

Employer has asked that we all print off and sign the back page agreeing to the terms and conditions. He says that I don't need my name or title as my contract isn't changing, but I still need to sign.

I pointed out that it has still changed as he has changed the hours of work without consultation.

As an aside, if the contract hasn't changed, then why do I need to sign?

Thoughts?

Does the contract need a front page addressed to me to sign? Should the contract have a physical body if you will, for security purposes and to prevent someone tacking their own T&C's on in the future as they see fit? As he has said the contract isn't changing, do I have to sign?

Bob

Speak to ACAS, they will give you answer on the phone straight away.

A statement of employment or new contratc isnt much use wiothout the employees name and like you said if it hasnt chnaged then why do you need a new one?

I would raise the point that you did not agree to the chnage in hours so therefore not signing the contract.