• Tweets

• Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
    • Probably the case @lookinforinfo Also an update, I've got the registered keeper letter. Just to check that I continue to ignore it until PAP letter comes in?
    • Thanks very much Bank. I've now done a lot of reading and have drafted my Letter of Claim as attached. I look forward to your comments. 16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf
    • ive already CAREFULLY explained how it all works earlier. what you will have to pay is already preset and detailed on the court forms/TfL stuff you already have. you wont be asked any questions upon your financial means etc. thats not under debate . you wont be asked upon any mitigating circumstances, you have pleaded guity which you always SHOULD.  the ONLY 2 reasons you are attending is to: 1) after finding the TfL prosecutor... plead directly face to face before you go in to try and get an OOC (you can bring up or say anything/everything you like ...anything that might get them to agree) 2) if 1 fails...show your genuine remorse face to face to the magistrate, BRIEFLY mention how a criminal record would hinder your future then hope they take pity on you and dont also record this on your file.  PS its only declarable/shows there for one year anyway. regardless to what an employer might ask in job questionnaires past 1yrs you forget about it. they cannot see it even on enhanced DBS etc etc. you should not latterly ever appeal a criminal record for this type (1yrs)  of 'offence' its not worth it and if you lose said appeal it will cost your dear in terms of additional wages grabbing and court fees. and extends the time it shows if you lose too. dx  
    • hit letter of claim follow post 2 despite repeated requests, the claimant has failed to produce any enforceable paperwork.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds rejected hardship claim

akania
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the amount is £582.00. £282.00 overdrawn and £300.00 charges so in an ideal world if they paid them self back the charges then the debt would be clear.

I put in a hardship claim and they rejected it. Any ideas on what to do now?

Thank you

the amount is £582.00. £282.00 overdrawn and £300.00 charges so in an ideal world if they paid them self back the charges then the debt would be clear.

I put in a hardship claim and they rejected it. Any ideas on what to do now?

Thank you

How did you argue you were suffering financial hardship?

Do you have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities)?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Yes all of that. I have also recived a letter from apex management saying that she can pay 50% of the debt. The whole aoutstanding money was made up of charges, she didnt even have an overdraft on the account.

Yes all of that. I have also recived a letter from apex management saying that she can pay 50% of the debt. The whole aoutstanding money was made up of charges, she didnt even have an overdraft on the account.

Was she still using the account as her main account?

Did she send an income and expenditure form with arrears letters?

Was any of the arrears being paid off on the prioirity debt arrears?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

She hasnt used the account since feb. She sent to i &e form with the letter and the arrears on the council tax and mortgage gas and electric are still being paid off

In that case then I can see why they rejected it. If the arrears are being paid off then there is disposable income(ie more money going in than going out excluding the paying off of arrears).

If the account is not being used at all then I can see and would agree with why they have said No.

But the whole amount is made up of charges , they even oew her an extra £260.00 that they previously took , all of this for being £14.00 OD!!!!!

But having bank charges is not necessarily financial hardship. But I would be telling every DCA who sniffs about to get lost since the very fact that she has a claim means that the amount owing is in dispute.

Even though LLoys have rejected it?

Lloyds acknowledged you claim for bank charges, they simply rejected your hardship element to the claim.

That means its time to tell every DCA to sod off.

On the rejection letter it should say they will deal with the case when the OFT test case issues are concluded.

wow ok thanks so much for that! I dont think it said that but i will look again tomorrow. If it doesnt say that is there a letter i can send them?

If it doesn't say it, we will kick their bottoms over it ;)

Lol ok, would love to. How do i do that???

Oh and one last thing. Are the banks allowed to chase for overdraft debts that are also made up of charges when the test case hasnt been finalised?

Edited by akania

I dont know. They seem to make it up as they go along. I know YOUr Bank was kind enugh to post thoes links but i still dont know what letter from that list to send. Im so clueless:confused:

Akania, I have an example of one of the best letters I have seen on the forums which is not a template but does go through hardship criteria to a T. Have a read so you know the kind of things you want to write about:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2301473.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Akania,

Lloydstsb are the worst for refunding anything under the hardship criteria, as you can see from the posts on here, unfortunately.

Like K1mmie I have been rejected by Ltsb under the hardship scheme and it is now with the FOS. The Fos have replied with their initial findings, which agreed with Lloyds.

To be fair, the FOS sent me quite a detailed letter. What's most annoying is that Lloyds have told the FOS a whole string of inaccurate information and the FOS have swallowed it!!

Firstly, Lloyds have told the FOS that my debts were wholly with other companies - LIE. Then they said I had agreed to a repayment plan for my overdraft - LIE. (they contradict themselves quite a lot!).

So, I have written back to the FOS for a final judgment, outlining the falsehoods. To be honest, I don't expect much, it's apparent that Lloyds will say the right things to the FOS to get what they want. Still, you have to try. Good luck with yours!

BAE :)

Little bit more fun... Lloyds rejected my hardship claim on the overdraft that is made ONLY of various charges, despite the fact that we even cannot pay the mortgage (house almost on repossesion...)The worst thing that my OH's jobseeker allowance was paid into Lloyds acc. Jobcentre managed to mess things up and we haven't received any money for a quite a while and suddenly from nowhere some lousy £160 appeared in that cursed lloyds account despite the fact that we advised JC to pay everything to totally different acc. Guess what happened - I am paying fines with the money that should help me to survive...

Sorry... needed a shoulder to cry on

Little bit more fun... Lloyds rejected my hardship claim on the overdraft that is made ONLY of various charges, despite the fact that we even cannot pay the mortgage (house almost on repossesion...)The worst thing that my OH's jobseeker allowance was paid into Lloyds acc. Jobcentre managed to mess things up and we haven't received any money for a quite a while and suddenly from nowhere some lousy £160 appeared in that cursed lloyds account despite the fact that we advised JC to pay everything to totally different acc. Guess what happened - I am paying fines with the money that should help me to survive...

Sorry... needed a shoulder to cry on

Preuss, so sorry to hear of your difficulties. I had a similar situation with my jobseekers allowance a while back. I wrote to DWP advising them of my new bank details but they went ahead and paid my benefits into Lloyds, Lloyds swallowed it up in charges and I had nothing to live on.

I wrote to the DWP and explained what had happened and especially that Lloyds was taking all my benefits in bank charges and pointing out that it was DWP's mistake as I'd already advised them to pay into different account and lo and behold a week or so later they re-issued me with the whole amount. Don't know if they managed to get it back off Lloyds or what happened but its definitely worth giving it a try. That is money you should be living off and god knows its little enough. Good luck.

Thanks, will try tomorrow to draft a letter to all parties concerned.

One thing that I am grateful for is that I stumbled upon this forum and found many nice people who actualy can help. And life is not so gloomy anymore

And now I am going to war... sounds silly.. a microbe against a giant (if I am not receiving all CCA's from Lloyds tomorrow, I will be sending them preaction letters, lets hope that they lost all original loan papers)