Unfair interest

little cat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've only just found this forum, I wish I'd found it earlier!

I'm looking for some advice. In the mid 90's I had an overdraft with Natwest for £2000 that somehow got converted into a personal loan, though I don't remember this happening. I have always paid the monthly payment required but about 18 months ago I was shocked to discover that interest had been accruing and the debt is now over £12000.

Now Natwest are demanding full payment or else they'll take me to court!

I don't know what to do now, I've got no problem with paying back what I owe but the interest is ridiculous and unfair. This whole situation has made me ill. :(

I've contacted the CAB who've tried to be helpful but don't seem to know what I can do about it.

Does anyone here have some advice?

Cheers

little cat

Hi all,

I've only just found this forum, I wish I'd found it earlier!

I'm looking for some advice. In the mid 90's I had an overdraft with Natwest for £2000 that somehow got converted into a personal loan, though I don't remember this happening. I have always paid the monthly payment required but about 18 months ago I was shocked to discover that interest had been accruing and the debt is now over £12000.

Now Natwest are demanding full payment or else they'll take me to court!

I don't know what to do now, I've got no problem with paying back what I owe but the interest is ridiculous and unfair. This whole situation has made me ill. :(

I've contacted the CAB who've tried to be helpful but don't seem to know what I can do about it.

Does anyone here have some advice?

Cheers

little cat

Are your accounts held at Telford by any chance?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi,

I do have some letters from CMS Telford going back to 2002. Since then it's moved to Unidebt Collection in Telford, now it's moved again to Morecroft in Stockport

Cheers.

My advice would be to forward a section 77 CCA request ASAP.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Thanks for the info', much appreciated. I'll look into it and get onto the CAB. This situation's gone on for far too long, with me being in the dark for most of it. I've had enough!

Send the letter below, make sure you send it recorded.

PW

Dear Sir/Madam

Regarding Account/card No *******

I require you to supply the following documentation.

You must supply me with a true copy of the original agreement I took out. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee,

Yours Faithfully

Winston Churchill

Send them this as well..

Date ******

Subject Access Request (Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sirs,

Account Numbers:

As per the section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998, "Subject Access Request", I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a true copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memo’s, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, internal and external emails; any other information held on any/all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included). I should receive your full compliance within a maximum of 40 days of this letter being recorded as delivered by Royal Mail.

I enclose the statutory fee of £10 by way of a cheque and remind you that you have a total of 40 days in which to comply from the delivered date of this request.

May I confirm, as the ICO has already, that the 40 day time limit is not to be used as a guide for responding to the request but is the maximum period allowed in law and that whenever possible a data controller should proceed with all possible expediency in fulfilling such a Subject Access Request.

I await your timely responses

Yours faithfully

Winston Churchill

Send them this as well..

Date ******

Subject Access Request (Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sirs,

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

This Subject Data Access Request is made under sections 7, 8 & 9 of the Data Protection Act 1998, and by virtue of the Data Protection (Subject Access) ( Fees and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2000 ( S.I.No 191).

Account Numbers:

As per the section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998, "Subject Access Request", I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a true copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memo’s, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, internal and external emails; any other information held on any/all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included). I should receive your full compliance within a maximum of 40 days of this letter being recorded as delivered by Royal Mail.

I enclose the statutory fee of £10 by way of a cheque and remind you that you have a total of 40 days in which to comply from the delivered date of this request.

As I have been made aware of a "Routering Accounting System" being used by The RBS Group, would you please include any records, documents account statements and account numbers that my account may have been allocated, and take note that I make this specific request under the Miscellaneous Provisions Regulations statute, that govern automatic decision making, as I am of the understanding that Router Accounting is fully automated

May I confirm, as the ICO has already stipulated, that the 40 day time limit is not to be used as a guide for responding to the request but is the maximum period allowed in law and that whenever possible a data controller should proceed with all possible expediency in fulfilling such a Subject Access Request.

I await your timely responses

Yours faithfully

I'm sure Paul won't mind me adding the bits in blue ...it makes the SAR a litle stronger to ensure you get the data you want:cool:

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

I'm sure Paul won't mind me adding the bits in blue ...it makes the SAR a litle stronger to ensure you get the data you want:cool:

sparkie

Nice one Sparkie.

Winston Churchill