Experian credit expert

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, not sure if this is in the right place for the forum. i've recently tried to get my credit file with this service but they have to do more checks to get it to me. well im still waiting. i have had a lot of old debts appear out the blue and want to sort my credit history out and get it ok again as i know its bad without seeing it. with statute barred debts do these stay on your file or are they removed after 6 years?

Which companies have you asked?

I applied online with Experian, and they let me in after sending me a pin number and confirmation of previous addresses, which I had to pay for.

When I finally got past that hurdle it was all very colourful and detailed, but didn't really tell me a great deal

Best you can do methinks is approach with caution

Asking you for further info sounds very very suspect. I think there may be several of those debts they need to 'clean out' first.

I've been informed that the people who check their files regularly have better files because Experian put them 'first' when having a houskeeping clear out, if you haven't had your file checked for ages and then start checking it then they start panicking and do what they should have done in the first place.

Also now you have checked their 'alert' system has been activated and every debt you have acquired over the last six years will rear its head - they are closely tied in with debt collecting agencies so their 'friends' will be writing in their droves.

Also avoid dealing with companies who claim they can clear your credit rating and charge you for it, there is nothing you can't do with the advice on here.

Also avoid dealing with companies who claim they can clear your credit rating and charge you for it, there is nothing you can't do with the advice on here.

Very sound words there! If anything looks too good to be true then it usually is

(Are you listening, Yes Loans?)

I applied with Experian credit expert and was just curious to see what was on there. All my debts are from over 6 years ago. All other credit I have is up to date. I'm being hassled by the DCA's for debts some of which are 10 years old from my teenage years when credit was chucked at me when starting my first job. I want rid of all this from my credit file if possible and just looking for a bit help through the forum. Thanks for the help with this.

I can honestly say i've never actually seen my credit file so like you say probably not really upto date.

Since 1998 i've had 4 addresses including my present one and my parents house from the start.

So after 6 years are all defaults/statute barred debts etc removed from your file?

In 1999 I had a CCJ also put that was paid via attachment of earnings within a year period would that still be on there?

A bit annoying really because I want to see my credit file more than ever now and I can't access it!!

Well finally been able to see my report. I have 1 default on there which I new about.

The one thing I am annoyed about is the 1 ccj which is on there. A previous employer over paid me when I left. Well not over paid me, paid me up till the friday and I only made it up to the wednesday. They wanted it back and I just ignored them. Well they took me to court and I paid it. I cant believe that its on there though. Totally forgot about that one and will have to wait another 2 years for it to come off.

Well finally been able to see my report. I have 1 default on there which I new about.

The one thing I am annoyed about is the 1 ccj which is on there. A previous employer over paid me when I left. Well not over paid me, paid me up till the friday and I only made it up to the wednesday. They wanted it back and I just ignored them. Well they took me to court and I paid it. I cant believe that its on there though. Totally forgot about that one and will have to wait another 2 years for it to come off.

but does it say settled?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah i paid it straight away at the court office? It was about 90 quid. How do i go about getting this removed? I rang the court and they said it had been settled and i would have to write to the court so they can notify experian.

can be yes.....sadly!

they dont all move in the same herds.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...