You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• What happened BRS, contacted me after the accident and wanted to repair the damage i agreed i told them don't you want to go through the insurance they said no !. I said ok you can repair the damage, they asked me for more details about the damage so they could post the job on mybuilder.com. Anyway i emailed them giving them details of the damage and they never replied and ignored me.   It was only when i done a askmid and got the insurance details of 2 policies running on the vehicle and contacted Allianz the first on the list, BRS contacted me saying sorry for the lack of communication i went on holiday and left it with another staff member who failed to contact you.   BRS offered to say they want to repair the damage i said "NO" you messed me about the first time and now i want the security of going through the insurance.     I did give them one last opportunity under my terms i told them to pay ***** (fair amount)into my account and that would settle the matter and i would sign a agreement that the damages are paid in full. There reply was "that is not how we do things here and to contact their insurance" and conveniently never gave me the insurer responsible.
    • Check this and read about a Notice Of Correction     
    • There can be many reasons for dual insurance, depending on the use of the vehicle, certain hires, contracts etc, - nothing our of the ordinary there, just get the firm to confirm which one, as above don't let them dictate, they are in the wrong.    I would use you own insurers , and always advise this in cases where there is an impact claim for a  wall or similar.    Reason being is the third parties liability is for indemnity only which realistically is to pay for the damaged part of the wall and that only, they don't even have to pay for a builder, just the cost to repair, leaving you to deal and fend for yourself.    Your home  insurance cover will be on a new for old basis, giving further allowance if there any grey areas in regards to block matching, matching items (say for the welding) potential wear and tear contributing etc,    - more chance of getting more of the wall done than just the section that is damaged - plus it gives you a much better right of recourse if anything goes wrong, especially if you get a cash settlement or they use dodgy bob the builder.    Your insurer will want the third party details and will chase the responsible underwriter for their recovery, you may be able to piggy back on that. The reason for their hesitance in confirming about claiming back the XS will be due to the fact they are a home claims team and don't do an awful lot of recovery of losses compared to a motor claims department, and generally don't have as much experience on a day to day basis (or certainly not the front line staff). 
    • Give them time-amoebas are a little short on brain power to work sarcasm out. I wrote a letter similar to yours to Parking Eye and they wrote back to confirm they had received my appeal! 
    • considering it expires in Jan 2021 it looks like it has 2 insurances policies running on it at the same time, What a farce! each insurance company could blame one another this shouldn't be legal, but it looks like it is.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
sick of it all

Made redundant and now in a mess!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there, My first post!

I was managing my life fine until my husband and I seperated, we had companies together but my name misteriously vanished from all the companies, except that is from debts like council tax etc! But enough of that, that's another story! Anyway for 6 years I struggled on as a company employee, hoping my solicitor could find away to get me back my assets but to no avail, not even a very expensive forensic accountant could help, and then my dear ex went and sold the business I was working in and then suddenly I had new employers, who made me redundant within 7 weeks and then closed the business to make it into flats.

So there I am coming from very high income to jobseekers allowance and £70,000 of debts on credit cards and loans, and not one asset, my ex is trying to evict me from the former matriminial home at the moment. I spent all my savings rather quickly paying off the monthly minimums while trying to get a new job but my age and this recession hasn't helped! I alos have no qualifications so I'm in the process of starting a part time degree course, which I am so chuffed at. So anyway I went to Payplan, who have been great and as soon as I get a job, I plan to pay more and get the debts paid off quicker.

Payplan have been great but the creditors have been less than great!

I have 14 creditors and now a lot of defaults!

I did CCA them but I got them back and didn't properly understand what they meant, I now realise what I got back was mostly signed application forms or just standard forms and I never followed anyting up because I didn't know how to.

So after reading this site I intend to CCA them again, can I do that?

Also should I rather ask them for the one that you have to pay £10 for, can't remember the name.

I have the best of companies after me now, Capquest, First Credit etc etc

And it very worrying, the doctor put me on medication especially after a visit from a PPI man from The Royal Bank of Scotland who claims I'm working while claiming his insurance. He was so rude and aggressive, that I just don't think I could cope with debt collectors too. After reading this site I know now that I don't have to let these people into my home.

I just need some friendly advice to help see me through all this as now the debt collectors seem to be closing in and I'm getting pretty scared.

1st Credit and Capquest are my main worries at the moment. Ist credit even keeps sending the debt letters to the wrong address, they said I must have moved home as another address was on my credit file and they keep sending the mail there.

they demand that you call them but I'm really not up to calling unless they want a blubbering wreck on the other end of the line and then me having to bother the doctor again to calm me down.

Capquest have given me till 1st August to reply to them, they know payplan is dealing with things but they want me to call and arrange a payment planor they will escalate actions to recover the account, £4224.71, by litigation.

Please can someone explain to me about CCA's, that information request where you send £10, and how to deal with Capquest and 1st Credit.

I'd really appreciate some help and friendship. I know millions of oeople are in the same situation but you always feel alone going through things like this. Thank heavens I found this site! Even just writing this letter has made me feel better!

Should have explained that I'm not working the horrid man from the Royal Bank of Scotland PPI said I was being followed etc and would end up in court but as I'm not working I have nothing to fear there, chance of a job would be a fine thing!

PPI insurance is another waste of time, they take your money for years and then do not want to pay it out when you urgently need it!

Hello and Welcome, sick of it all.

You've made a good decision to look for help on this site, most people here, are in, or have been in the same sort of situation you find yourself in.

First thing I would say, regarding the Debt Collectors is forget about getting in touch by telephone, always insist everything is done in writing.

Best thing to do is start a new thread in each of your creditors Forums, the one's with Debt Collectors, should be started in this Forum 'linked'......

Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums

Regarding the CCA's you have received, if you still have them, post them up on the thread's you start and other CAG members will have a look and help you find out if they're enforceable or not.

Here's some info on the CCA..............

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested.

The debt remains unenforceable for as long as the creditor fails to produce the signed credit agreement – this means if they produce the agreement some months down the line, they are quite within their rights to enforce it. They do not need to take any further action to enforce the debt. A debtor cannot take any action against the creditor for failing to produce the signed credit agreement within the prescribed time, because that is up to the agencies that the offence has been reported to. Any sanctions that may be imposed are at the discretion of these agencies, and it is not a matter that the debtor can take to the civil court.

Issuing a court claim for non-compliance of a CCA request in all probability achieves nothing to benefit to the debtor, as a court claim is likely to spur a detailed search which could well end up with them producing a perfectly acceptable original signed agreement in court – which would result in the debtor losing the case, and being made liable for the creditor’s costs.

If after requesting a true copy of a signed credit agreement the creditor fails to produce it, it does not mean that the debt does not exist.The debtor may now however be in a good position to make a full and final offer to clear the debt.

The £10 you mention is for a Subject Access Request, this is usually used when you are looking to find out how many charges have been applied to your account and you intend to claim them back.

Here's a guide to this Forum, It'll help you get started, just give a bit of info on each of your threads and there's always someone around to help you out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

If you need a hand with anything, just shout.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
  • Haha 1

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

also if you have the default notices too if you scan scan them or take a picture of them an upload them to the threads as well (deleting any personal info)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

soory didnlt realise was same op ;)

i replied on your rbs thread , that's one you donlt need to worry about ;)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

In your situation you may wish to consider a Low Income Low Asset Bankruptcy depending on the following factors. 1) ( as this has come up on as site relating to Scottish Jurisdiction, I am assuming that you are resident in Scotland) 2) So long as you do not own property or singular assets valued at more than £1000 or collective assets over £10000 you would qualify whilst on benefits or low income)

I would never say that this is the ideal solution for everyone, but it would at least silence the vultures and give you a fresh start.

1stCredit bought one of my accounts last year, refused to accept my CCCS repayment offer and just kept sending me escalating threats on a weekly basis. Then I found this site, requested a CCA copy, took them 8 months to send me an unenforceable application form, so this account has been in dispute for more than a year now.

If they hadn't bullied the living daylights out of me they'd have been getting token payments, now they're getting nothing. I also reported them to Trading Standards for some of their irregular telephone conversations, and also letters some of which TS said weren't legally valid in Scotland :).

So don't let them worry you, they can be dealt with once you realise that they don't have any real powers. And never speak to them on the phone, keep everything in writing and tell them you will only deal with the matter in writing.. Once you've got your copy CCA's scanned up, you'll get plenty of advice from people on CAG.

Good Luck:):)

• Haha 1

Hi there guys,

Thanks for the reply's!

I'll get some of my replies etc posted up and start dealing with this better.:)