Welcome Finance...........HELP!

montrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me? I have car finance with Welcome. I used to pay by DD but they took the payment early a couple of times and as the money wasn't in the bank i ended up with bank charges. I cancelled the DD and have been paying by card over the phone to my local branch.

The thing is every month about 2 weeks before the payment is due they continually ring me sometimes up to 6 times a day requesting my card details so they can put the payment through on the due date.

I have explained to them over and over again that i know i have to make a payment and will ring them with the details on pay day and could they please stop ringing me.

They still continue to ring and yesterday hand delivered a letter to my house asking for me to pay the arrears on my account (which isn't due till next week). They have charged me £25.00 for this letter.

I phoned the office and told them again that i would pay as i always do on the last Thursday of the month and that i have no intention of paying the charge for the letter.

I was told that i was in breach of my contract and that i must pay by DD or they have every right to continually phone me and send letters.

It's not that i don't want to pay them i just want the phone calls to stop.

Any ideas anyone?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop phoning them and tell them that for every phone call they make to you you will DEDUCT £25 from your payment, and send them the telephone harrassment letter.

You need to inform them that you are not in arrears and have the right to choose a method of payment which is more convenient for you.

Like you I don't trust DDs and since stopping all DDs on my bank account I have not had one bank charge in nearly three years now.

they will also be charging £10 for every phone call as well:mad:

forget local branch,stay off the phone.

put a complaint in writting,

welcome finance compliance

ruddington fields business park

mere way

nottingham

ng11 6nz

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sent telephone harassment letter and have just got a reply. It says that as i don't pay till the end of the month my account falls temporarily into arrears as my contracted due date is the 13th, so i will receive a high volume of calls.

I know that my due date was not the 13th as i asked for it to be the 1st of every month and when paying by DD this was fine. I have looked on my Credit Agreement and cannot see a payment date also the copy of the agreement that i have has not been signed by me or Welcome.

Can anyone tell me where to find the payment date? They started to phone again yesterday!!!

welcome sure have the gift of the gab

you set the repayment date, not welcome

tell them my payment date is xyz and ime sticking to it

welcome have targets to meet

thats why you get crap towards the end of the month

its all rollocks from welcome as usual

keep that letter safe

• 4 months later...

Got a car with Welcome Finance repayments are £227.00 per month.I'm not earning as much as i was and would like to reduce the monthly payment to £150.00.

Haven't been in contact with them yet and wondered if anyone on here could tell me if thet will agree or if they will start another agreement.

Hi montrose.

Whatever you do...Do not let them talk you into another agreement. Just call them and let them know your personal circumstances have changed and for now you cannot afford the full amount and you need them to help reduce payments for a while.

Remember montrose it is not a crime to be having financial difficulties.

Dont let them bully you as they are good at that !!

Ok i phoned them today and explained my situation and was told that i would have to have the finance rewritten if i wanted to lower my repayments. Also asked for a list of my I+E.

Have read many of the threads on this site so know that i don't have to give them the I+E, have checked my agreement and am not paying any insurances(my daughter made me cancel them when i first got the finance).

Would they put charges on my account if i started to pay lower repayments without an agreement does anyone know?

DO NOT rewrite we did this with our car HP and they put it over TEN years instead of four :/ cant help with your charges question other than to say post up your agreement to check for errors as you may be able to dispute the account (whilst account in dispute no charges can be added and if you continue to make payment that is up to you)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

How long have you had the agreement and how long is left?

if 2 to 3 years left then could be worth negotiating a lower payment, but with a higher option to purchase fee over the same term. seeing as Welcome said they will only be collecting the remainder of the loan book for the next 2-3 years before they go under, this might buy you some time so at least either save some money to buy a new car in a year or so, or hopefully your income may improve.

but wait for some other advice from more knowledgeable people first. If you do have your agreement, then post it up as mentioned by razorc.

no dont do that, it means giving card details which no doubt gets recorded.

if you can, then go into the branch on the day payment is due and pay then what you can.

if the branch has not been closed down.

if it has, then contact them and get tha bank details...infact I theink someone posted them on this forum somewhere. then you can pay be standing order. Make sure you have the upper hand at all times.

we dont want them dry ****ing you! (sorry cagbot)

Montrose. Welcome will be as awkward as they can because they either want to rewrite you or bully you or both and use scare tactics.

Send them a payment of good faith and tell them you expect some help in return. I would send a postal order mate.

Send a letter requesting help with lower payments for a short period to be reviewed with the postal order and also tell them that you would like all communication from now on in writing. Explain you are having unseen financial difficulties and you require help from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I sent a payment of £150.00 along with a letter explaining my situation. I put in the letter that i would only communicate by letter. For the last couple of days Welcome have phoned and text me asking me to ring them back. Should i talk to them or send them another letter?