Deposit not protect even though it state so in TA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I moved out of my previous address on 23rd May this year and I have had no contact with the LA.

My contract states that my deposit will be held in one of the schemes (DPS) but I wasn't giving any details of this (didn't know til now they have 14 days to do so). I have contacted the LA many times asking for information but I get no reply so I have contacted all 3 schemes and my deposit isn't with any of them.

I was never given the LL's details and later found them to be a developer.

I have previously been told to:

a) contact all 3 schemes, which I have done

b) get LL's details, which I have done

c) send them a 7 day letter stating -

As requested , I paid a tenancy deposit of £xxxx to xxxxx who is, acting as your Letting Agent. As LL, you should be aware that my tenancy deposit has not been scheme registered, as is required under the Housing Act 2004. AFAIAA the LA still has my deposit.

I would prefer this to be settled amicably.

Alternatively, I understand that I may apply, via the courts, for a penalty payment of 3x the deposit amount to be awarded to me , and the return of the deposit.

I look forward to hearing from you by (date 7 days hence)

I have now seen a 14 day letter 'landlord won't return my deposit' and 'no response from landlord'. Should I send these first?

Also the developer has 2 address, one on the land registery and one on the web (I suppose business address), this happens to be the same as the LA. Should I use both address?