You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Do you mean your particulars of claim? – In that case, I'm sorry but I missed it. Please could you indicate which paragraph is at?
    • dx100uk Yes that's the wording.  I'm not clear who the applicant is in this situation!    LR say that the applicant is the buyer or their conveyancer. So in that case as others have said on here - the buyer/conveyancer need only write to the council after the sale.   OR Does 'applicant' in this case refer to the council who made the application for the restriction?    If the former this is dependent on my solicitor and the buyer's solicitor being aware of this type of restriction and particularly the purchaser is unfazed by a 'restriction' on the property. LR confirmed earlier that as my father was a joint proprietor of the property, the charge could not be registered or noted, instead it was protected by registration of a [non-standard] restriction.  If the latter then the council won't do that until I've paid the bill [whatever that is now]
    • Thanks    I have also stated the same right to reject in my WS Hearing is on 23rd October 
    • But they still can send a claim form to your old Address. You won’t even know about it either, therefore won’t be able to defend The next thing you know is when you are turned down for credit and find a fresh, shiny CCJ on your file.   The answer is to let them know your current address via post. That way , if they are stupid enough to try any action, they won’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. You have the ultimate defence! It’s statute barred.
    • Also, I should point out that you will win anyway – but you are making it much more complicated than it needs to be. If you simply raise the question of your statutory rights and his breach of obligation then the judge will give you a judgement in your favour within five minutes. Because you have raised pretty well every other issue bar that, the judge will have to consider the entire aspect of the defects and whether they do amount to a substantial breach of contract and whether they could have been repairable et cetera et cetera et cetera. Although you will eventually win, it means that the judge may have a complicated issue to decide and of course it will simply prolong the agony. Simply raising the fact that the dealer refused to comply with your assertion of your right to reject will bring the entire case shuddering to a halt in your favour and the judge doesn't need to listen to any other arguments. He simply needs to see your letter of rejection.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
pompeyfaith

Credit Card APR's and Companies Seeking to Secure the Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya All, right i need some claification here PT is the man if he is about you get a credit card and as it is unsecured u pay a higher apr right ? now they take u to court to get a ccj and there by securing the debt could this be unfair under UTCCR because surely there intention from the start is to haul non payers through the courts and if that is the case credit cards should carry a lower apr. Yes No Maybe whats your thoughts guys PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Bump

anyone care to shed some light on this please.

Thanks

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.