British Parking Association

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just about to enter into dispute with NCP for fixing ticket onto vehicle whilst parked in a free shoppers car park but in disabled bay

I have a disabled badge and also my mother has a disabled badge, i put mine out but it may have slipped off the dash because when i came out ten mins later the ticket had just been applied the time of ticket was 1344 and the contravention was parking in disabled space without displaying a valid disabled badge . We came out 1350 saw the attendant applying the badge and spoke showing where the badge had slipped but were told to appeal because photographs had been taken indicating that no badge was displayed.

FUME FUME FUME

1) In private parking situations are they entitled to issue a Notice to Owner and then to seek through civil courts a judgement for enforcement

2) Are the trading standards ever invloved in these scenarios because my understanding is that all notices needc to be clearly visible from all areas of the car park concerned and i am certain that at the area where the disabled bays were there is no other markings other than the compulsory yellow wheelchair symbol on the tarmac, (yes it is important to have appropriate signs for people with impaired vison or mobility) or do the NCP not have to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act.

3) Has anybody any knowledge or copy of the NCP official dispute procedure policy or documentation

has anybody seen or been through the following documentation by the British Parking Association Code of Practise, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11016&stc=1&d=1248474022

it seems to blur the distinctions between private and statutory offences but i believe its the agreement for the parking firms to follow

Many thanks if someone expert can help

code_of_practice_part_2.pdf

Hi, newton. Do a search on the forums regarding private parking companies. Don't enter into a dispute with them, just ignore everything they might send you. I understand the urge to contact them, but they will then consider you a hooked fish, and continue to send more letters.

Do not contact them.

its an invoice / PPC

not an enforceable council/police PCN

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That linked BPA CoP is out of date. There is no dispute procedure, they just want your cash. See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face and FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned Ignore NCP. Also check out Results within legislation - Statute Law Database you will find numerous violations by ALL PPCs. Its a mail [problem], don't get sucked it to it. Just because NCP is a big company don't for one minute think that they don't get up to all kinds of of dodgy stuff - there is ample evidence on here of them doing very dodgy things. But as they are a big company that can't fold too easily and their deep pockets are a liability to them. We have never seen NCP 'do court', that is not likely to change.

Also bear in mind that disabled bays in supermarket car markets are not enforceable in law.Of course good practice dictates if you are not disabled you do not park in these spaces, but the O.P had TWO disabled badges so is even safer to ignore this invoice.

Guest lipupfatty

the BPA approved operator scheme claims to set a standard for companies who operate within their guidelines and stand above the less professional, whoever they charge a thousand pounds and all the company has to do is show they comply by a simple process which in practice i know of at least one AOS company who's totally non compliant, which in my opinion makes a mockery of the BPA

it doesn't help either when you get news articles on the BBC like today where they were on about CEOs having to work to targets (gosh! we'd never have believed that would we!) In it there was comments added from the BPA as if they were some well respected supervisor of the parking industry. Of course, some of us know different. :D

I see its makiing sense, having followed the article on Pepipoo i will write in to DVLA and to the BPA with complaint but should the keeper or owner of the vehicle contact them direct about this parking infringement then are they still entitled under legislation to seek the information through a V888/2

Guest lipupfatty
We have never yet seen one PPC follow the BPA CoP that they signed up to adhere to. FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

i mean just the simplest things are not followed i.e warning/ notice boards

one particular company's boards only state " parking solution company"

unlike "WARNING PRIVATE LAND" not hard to follow would assume they would have to change all their boards if reported to th BPA:wink: